Chapter 10

Dedicated to Issues_Birdie for being the first to comment on this story.

Chapter 10

            She left the next day.

            Tears that would not fall the day before streaked down her cheeks when she finally reached her room. Joe, Maya and Silvia were gone for the holidays and would not be back for another two weeks. She had breakups before. Why should this be any different? But she knew why. Rashiq was the first and probably only the ever guy she would ever fall in love with. She had merely loved her other boyfriends but none of them had ever known or understood her as well as Rashiq did. Why? Why out of all the million guys out there, did she have to fall for a lying prince that would never return her feelings in a thousand years?

            When she told Rashiq of her decision to leave, he did not say anything. He did not ask a single question. He just let her go. What Hanna said was all true. She was temporary. She was getting paid five million dollars just to sleep with Rashiq. She had never done any of her roles as a wife besides sleeping with him. She could not take the five million dollars. The monthly amount of money that he had given her to pay for her loans was still untouched. She never used the money because she had enough to pay from her salary. She would return all the money to him and ask for a divorce.

            Days passed. Annabelle bought tubs of ice-cream. During the day, she sat in front of the television every day watching reruns of reality shows. She went to work in the evening, came home and cried to sleep. Rashiq never called. She never called him either. It was when she heard the key being inserted into the keyhole that Annabelle realized that the two weeks break was nearly over. Time for moping was over too. It was time for her to have a new start. But when Joe came in the door, the waterworks began again.

            "Oh, honey, what's wrong?" Joe immediately left her bags at the front door and came to hug her. "Bad breakup?"

            Annabelle nodded. The worst part about this bad breakup was that she could never tell a single soul about it because it was still a secret. But at least now, she knew very well why it was secret.

            "Don't worry, okay. As soon as Maya and Silvia come back from their holidays, we would go to the club down the road and dance our butts off! It would be the perfect remedy for you. I'm sure you're sick and tired of eating ice-cream and watching television shows, so let's have fun tonight and sleep late tomorrow, what do you think?"

            Annabelle nodded. She needed this one night out. It was too soon for her to look for another guy but it was nice just to dance and get drunk. How long has it been since she last went clubbing?

            "Thanks, Joe."

            "Anytime."

            Annabelle, Joe, Maya and Silvia stood at the front of the new and raging club in San Diego. "You guys ready?" asked Joe.