♱Chapter 24♱

Raven's P•O•V

The trees ripped at my bare arms and legs as I ran, the naked skin getting torn by the sharp branches. The only light that shone through the tall forest was that of the moon.

"There's no use hiding my love." DeMalo's sadistic and sickening tone echoed around me. This made adrenaline pulse through me as I ran faster out of fear.

I kept looking back to see if he was still running after me. Panting, I kept sprinting until I tripped over the root of a tree.

I fell with a thud, but landed on my palms. I quickly looked up, ready to keep going, but stopped.

Inches from my face was a duplicate of me. A mirrored image. I furrowed my brow and got to my feet quickly. She mimicked my every move, making me step back in confusion. I turned and saw another me. Then another, then another...

It looked like one of those mirrored rooms where I was stuck in the middle and six different mirrors faced me.

I started to breathe heavily, spinning around only to be faced by an alternate me.

I turned around quickly and was now faced by him...

Instead of having another mirrored Raven, there DeMalo stood. Half a foot away from me.

I gasped, feeling my heart stop at the sight of him so close.

He smirked, his fangs coming to a sharp point. His eyes flared ruby red before he opened his mouth wide and a chilling hiss came out.

I opened my mouth to scream, but was cut off by DeMalo sinking his teeth deep into my neck.

"Raven?" I could hear a woman's voice from the distance. "Raven wake up."

A chill ran down my spine as I felt a cold hand touch my bare shoulder.

I screamed, lurching up in bed, my face covered in sweat. I felt the hand on my shoulder, but flinched and hurried away from the cold touch.

My eyes faded in and out until I could see clearly and saw Piper sitting on the edge of my bed, looking at me in concern. Her expression was pitiful as she sat there in her silk pajamas.

I panted, feeling my throat tighten. I looked at her, then to the figure at the end of my bed. Alec stood there, looking like he had just woken up as well.

"Raven? Raven it's okay." Piper said softly.

I tried to regain my composure but barely held on to it. My hand snapped up to feel my neck. Nothing...

"It was just a dream?" I whispered, my voice hoarse.

"It was just a dream." Piper told me reassuringly. I still could feel my heart pounding faster than usual at the memories of the dream.

I looked over to Alec and saw his confused expression. He was looking at the bed, not at my face. Piper noticed his stare.

"What is it, Alec?" She asked him. He didn't respond, but walked around the fourposter bed and slowly pealed the sheets away from my body.

Us three looked down to see my legs covered in scratches. My eyes widened as I could recall the dream.

I could remember the whipping and tearing pain from when I ran through the forest.

"Oh my... Raven what happened?" Piper breathed in shock. I looked down at my legs to see the shallow scratches covering them.

Slowly I pulled my shaking hands up and could see the redness inside of my fingernails. I could feel my stomach drop at the sight of my blood embedded in my fingernails.