♱ Chapter 7 ♱

Raven's P•O•V

My first thought was that he was insane; a psychopath that kidnaps women and lets them stay at a very luxurious place before he kills them. My second thought was that I was the one going insane.

"What?" I raised my voice, my heart rate rising with it. He didn't say anything and was now standing instead of kneeling across the room from me. His incompetence to answer had my heart racing in pure anger.

"Tell me why I'm here! Tell me why I'm not in New York!" I yelled at him, my tone almost pleading.

"You're here because I chose you," He told me, being vague about his words.

"What do you mean, you chose me?"

"I went to New York with only a week to find my Soulmate," He said without the slightest bit of emotion. No arrogance in his tone; nothing. Just a blank and expressionless face. I didn't say a single word, just looked up at him and swallowed hard.

"In the beginning I was excited. Until I really thought about it..." He explained. I tensed and felt a chill run down my spine. I didn't care what he said. I couldn't listen to this.

"Stop," I shivered and held my head in my hands, feeling the pounding come back. My legs felt like jello and I could feel my blood pulsing in my neck.

"Raven I -" He started but my eyes shot wide open, staring him down in surprise.

"How - How do you know my name?" I stuttered. I felt the urge to pass out fill me and slowly start to get worse.

"I could hear you on the phone the other night. That woman called you Raven," He told me. I stared at him in shock.

"How could you hear her call me that?" I asked, completely dumbfounded.

"It's pretty self-explanatory since I just told you I'm a Vampire..." He muttered and I stared at him for a second. I shook my head and ran my hands through my hair. I could feel my stomach tighten into thick knots.

Holding my head in my hands only made me feel the wetness of my eyes. I shielded them from him and bit my lip to stop from making a sound.

"I didn't have a choice," His voice seemed tense and now he sounded just a few feet away from me. I looked up at him, not minding the uncontrollable tears falling down my cheeks.

"Why me? Why choose me?" My voice wavered when I said this. He was just a blurry image in front of me as the tears clouded my vision.

"I had no say in choosing you. Somehow it just clicked. I thought seeking out my Soulmate would be my choice, but it wasn't. I saw you and it was set in stone that it was you," He tried explaining, but I was too far gone.

"Can you reverse it? Is there any way I can go back home?" I asked hopefully. I looked up at him, my tears starting to stick to my cheeks. I looked at his facial features, taking in the sharp angle of his jawline, the pale skin, the dark maroon eyes.

"No there's not," Those words were unsettling. The reality was all too real. I'd never go home again. I'd never see my friends again. I'd never see Steven again...

Of all the times I'd believed that Steven knew all the right words, and knew exactly what to say to make me feel better, I couldn't think about a single damn thing that he would say that would make me feel better now.