♱ Chapter 2 ♱

Raven to the side or above ^>

Alec's P•O•V

The cab had stopped in front of a tall, glass building. The hotel was breathtaking. It was something you'd never see in Romania. There had to have been forty stories in it, maybe more. The term skyscraper now made sense to me.

"Your luggage is being taken to your rooms," One man in shades appeared in front of DeMalo and me as we stepped out of the cab.

"Thank you," I told him and DeMalo nodded to him. The sky was turning a dark grey as the sun was being pushed out of view. Darkness had already begun to sink in.

We were greeted by a crowded lobby with people everywhere. Some were checking in, some were sitting around on satin couches, others were just standing and talking. A young human male came towards us dressed in a tux. This hotel must have a policy for their employees to wear such formalwear...

"Welcome to the Winston Grand Hotel, Mr. Gheata," He said politely. "Is your brother with you?" He asked. I looked behind me and of course, DeMalo was leaning against the wall, flirting with a woman.

"He's just over there. Excuse me while I go get him," I said quickly and went over to DeMalo. He looked to me once I was beside him and departed himself from the American woman. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk with him.

"Can we at least get our hotel room before you're inviting women to it?" I asked him.

"You can never be unprepared," He said with a chuckle and I smirked.

"You're very right my brother," I chuckled with him. As much as I wanted to be serious, DeMalo and I would never be appropriate when we were together.

"Let me take you to your suites," The young man who worked for the hotel said once DeMalo and I approached him. We followed him to the elevator where he pressed the button with the number 43 beside it.

"Don't we have to check-in?" DeMalo asked as the elevator started to move.

"Everything has been arranged for you two. Here," he paused to reach into his pocket, "are your key cards." He handed them to us and the doors to the elevator opened.

We followed him down the hall not too far until we came up to the end where two sets of double doors greeted us. One was on the right side of the hall, and the other on the left.

"Here are your suites. If you need anything, there are phone numbers by the phones for you to call the lobby," He instructed us both and I nodded.

"Thank you," I thanked him habitually.

"Enjoy your stay," He said and went down the hall. DeMalo was already opening the doors to his suite on the right. I turned and put my key card into the slot. The door clicked and I turned the handle, opening the two doors only to be greeted by a master suite.

The lights illuminated the room, showing the expensive design of the place. The black and white theme was similar to my room, yet everything was more modern looking. A king-size bed was set in the middle of the room. A white duvet was set on it with silk black pillows. Chairs and a couch were set in front of a TV that was on top of a fireplace. The room was great, but what was truly magnificent was the view.

The solid glass wall at the end of my room looked over the whole lit-up city. Cars could be seen lighting up the streets all the way on the other side of downtown. With my better vision, I could see everyone on the streets from up here clearer. I sighed and fell back onto the couch that faced the window.

"Where are you going?" I asked my brother as we roamed the near-empty streets.