18

Hayden's POV

Blair and I went back into the house after picking up Nick. I felt bad for leaving Nick with Payton, but he didn't say anything bad about it.

"So do you think they're fine?" Blair asked.

"Nick can make his own decisions. So can Payton. Hopefully they don't do anything they regret." She nodded and we climbed back into the bed.

"You're getting tired aren't you?" She asked me with a sly smile.

"Nope, never." I replied as I yawned. We both laughed and she laid her head and my shoulder. Soon enough, I did fall asleep playing in her hair. We were talking about my sisters and brothers coming soon.

~

I was fairly surprised about Nick and Payton skipping school and getting together. I am happy for them, but I expected Nick to be tougher. I'm glad they didn't have to fight. They're great together.

Things were getting good for everyone, it seemed.

Then, one day, it got better for me.

I was at Blair's house one Saturday afternoon and my Mom called me.

"Honey! I've got a surprise for you!" I heard chatter in the background. Voices that I hadn't heard in a while. I grinned widely.

"Is it what I think it is?" She laughed and I heard something.

"Mom, just tell her to hurry up." I laughed happily at hearing my sister's voice.

"I'm on my way!" I said as I hopped out of Blair's bed and hung up.

"What's going on?" I grinned at her.

"Lori and Jace are here! Come on, I want you to meet them. I'm so excited to see them again. I can't wait for them to meet you. Man they'd love you so much." She smiled back at me and we ran to my truck.

"Hayd there's no reason to speed, they aren't going anywhere." Blair told me cautiously. I laughed and sped up a little. Blair glared at me and I grinned sheepishly before slowing down.

"They might." I muttered. My goody goody not so innocent girl hasn't ever gotten pulled over before. I used to always speed and I got pulled over quite a lot for it. My mom is good friends with some cops, so most of them know me anyway. As great as that seems, I still got tickets. I'm used to it now though.

Blair always tells me to slow down though. She drives like a grandma, and I can't bear riding with her. This is why I always drive, that and the fact that she hates driving. And unless I'm distracting her, she tells me to slow down.

"If you get a ticket you'll get there slower." I grinned and grabbed her hand.

"Babe, how many times do I have to tell you, I don't-" I saw the lights in my rear view and I groaned. I pulled over and Blair smirked at me.

"I told you so."

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my window down as the woman walked up.

"I knew that truck. This has to be the hundredth time I've pulled you over Hayden." I smiled sheepishly.

"Hello Mrs. Whitney, how've you been?" She laughed at me and shook her head.

"I've been fine Hayden, who's this lovely lady?"

"Thats my girlfriend, Blair."

"Hello officer." She smiled at Blair.

"Nice to finally meet you, all Janet does is talk about you." Blair smiled widely.