11

Hayden's POV

Blair's a special girl. Very special.

Because her mom is crazy as fuck and I usually wouldn't deal with this.

But Blair's honestly made things seem like they'd be okay for me in just a week. I can't give up on her just because her mom hates me. Right?

Well I wasn't going to yet. I went inside the house with the two of them. Blair seemed nervous so I grabbed her hand and smiled at her. She mouthed an,"I'm sorry." And I smiled to reassure her I was fine. So she was afraid of me thinking her mom was insane? "Mom we'll just go to the living room while you cook."

"No, how about you guys come in here? Hayden could help me cook if she wants to." Hahaha, me? Cook? Funny.

"Uhh, I don't know how to cook." I said, confused.

"So what, if you and Blair got married you'd just make her cook everything?" My eyes widened, I was taken aback. What the fuck? Married? We've been dating for a few days. 

"I uhh... We've only been dating for a few days now ma'am." I replied quietly.

"Mom, please don't." Blair pleaded.

"We're just talking Blair. There's nothing bad to it. Now Hayden, does that mean you wouldn't want to ever marry my daughter?" I fidgeted nervously. Not if you're going to be like this the whole fucking time. Evil ass stepmother.

"I-I didn't say that at all, it's just that I wouldn't know because we aren't thinking of anything like that yet." I stuttered nervously.

"Not even thinking of marriage yet and you two are having sex? Are you using my daughter?" I sighed and Blair looked like she was in pain.

"Why're you trying to sabotage us Mom?" She looked at Blair with a stern look.

"I'm trying to figure out her intentions for you. She can't just be using you honey."

"I'm not using her for sex, I swear!" I felt myself getting angry, because I knew Blair hated this. She hated that her mom was trying to interfere and make me stay away. If it wasn't for the fact that I see how much Blair hates it, I would be done.

"Are you yelling at me?" I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Look. I know you don't like me. I know my Dad's told you a lot about me, more so than he should've. But, all that matters is I'm making Blair happy right? I haven't hurt her, I don't plan on hurting her, and I wouldn't put her in harms way. She's a wonderful girl, more than I deserve, I know. I'm lucky to have her and I'll treat her the way she should be treated. Just give me a chance please?" Right as I finished, her Dad walked in. Mrs. Marshall was still watching me. In fact she was glaring even more now. It doesn't seem like I can ever do anything right with adults can I? Except for my mom.

"What's going on in here? Hi Hayden." I smiled, happy he saved us.

"Hello Mr. Marshall."

"We're going to the living room now Mom." Blair took my hand and pulled me out of the kitchen. As soon as we were out she hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry Hayden, please don't let her run you away. I won't ever ask you to come here again."

"I'm not going anywhere Blair. I understand completely why she doesn't like me. And I also won't just give up on you for something that you can't control." She smiled and kissed me quickly.

"You're the best Hayden. I'm a lucky girl." I winked at her.

"You are pretty lucky I guess." I smiled and she rolled her eyes. Paige walked in and smiled as she saw me.