1

A/N: Hayden's hair at the top.

Hayden Parker's POV

Okay, we'll go back to that party. Maybe a few hours before that party.

"You don't need to go to the party!" I sighed and rubbed my face.

"Payton, you don't have to come with me." I told my protective older brother.

"Yes I do. You know Mom and Dad don't want you doing stupid stuff. If you go to a party, Emma will tell them you're smoking or drinking or doing your usual. You'll probably end up cheating on her or something." My Dad kicked me out of my house, so Payton convinced them to get us an apartment as long as he watches me. They always check up on us, and we've got a meeting tomorrow.

My girlfriend, Emma, was picked by them. She usually tells them what I do. Honestly, I kinda like Emma. She's beautiful, smart, and caring. I just don't like how she tells my parents everything. Just let me be depressed and drink all my sorrows away.

"I wouldn't cheat on Emma. Again." He rolled his eyes.

"You've got to do better than this Hayden."

"I will. One day. I promise, it's just... Why try to fall for Emma if she'll just leave? She doesn't really like me anyway. She's too nice to tell me she doesn't." He looked down at me sadly.

"I guess... Hayden do you think A–"

"Don't say her name." I challenged him.

"Do you think she'd like that you're doing this?" He's talking about the only girl I've ever loved. Ashley. She died a few years back. I clutched the necklace she'd given me. I never take it off.

"Who knows, I can't talk to her." He sighed frustratedly and I got up, ready to get dressed for the party.

"I wish you'd be my little sister. You know you don't have to hide shit from me. You never do. So why start now?" I shrugged and hugged him.

"I am your little sister. I don't hide anything from you. I'm serious Payton. I don't know what she'd think about it all. Probably wouldn't be good but..." I smiled sadly and took a deep breath. "It's all because whoever's up there took her from me. If I had her this wouldn't be a problem. So, it's not my fault."

"Okay... I'm done then." I nodded and went to the bathroom. I peed and went back to my room. I looked at myself in the mirror. I look like shit, really. It's a shame. All I ever do is smoke or drink. I rarely ever get sleep. You can see it from my baggy red eyes. Red because I'm tired... not high. At least not today.

I threw on a maroon short sleeve button up and some nice jeans. I finished it off with some matching vans. I was pretty hot at times. I was a bit chubby, but girls didn't care. I usually slim down when basketball season comes. I was confident and I said all the right things. I still think I'm pretty cute anyway. I've got nice, soft brownish blond hair styled to the side.

I went in Payton's room and borrowed his cologne.

"You lost it again?" I laughed and nodded. "You're always losing something. Except for that necklace." I shrugged. He looked at me sympathetically.

"Don't look at me like that." I smiled up at him. "I'm fine. I'm gonna go party... and I'll forget. Like usual." He looked at me disappointedly.

"I already know that you'll be getting wasted. If I call, I want you to answer. Even if you're in the middle of playing beer pong or grinding on some girl." I laughed and nodded. Then I thought of something and sighed. "What's up?"

"Payton, do you ever get tired of babysitting me? I mean like you're not doing much tonight because you have to make sure your idiotic sister gets home. Do you get tired of it?" He smiled at me.