5

Hayden's POV

Tonight was really a great night. I hadn't really enjoyed being with someone as much since Ashley.

Blair's a really good girl. She's sweet and she knows exactly what to say. She makes me feel good about myself. It's different because people automatically assume I'm confident and don't need compliments or anything. But it's nice to hear her tell me I have a great smile. Or for her to tell me there's nothing wrong with purple.

I'm such a bad person though. I've been bad to her.

She probably thinks I'm just trying to have sex with her. I know her and I talked about this but it still is a possibility. Every time I kiss her, it gets heated. And I know she won't stop me, but something always does. But that's the point. She should know I'd go all the way if there wasn't anything stopping me. But the thing is, I wouldn't just leave after the sex. Because I actually like Blair, which is why I decided to hang out with her today.

I try not to be too nice to her, which I know is stupid. But I don't want to trust her and be too open yet. You can't just let anyone in because they're beautiful and a good kisser. It doesn't work that way. Okay I admit, she's more than that but still.

"Where were you?" Dad asked me when I walked in.

"Sorry Dad, I was at the park." He raised his eyebrows.

"Hayden, there's no reason to lie to me. I told you–"

"Calm down, I was literally at the park. You might as well put a damn tracker on my truck if you don't trust me." I pushed by him and tried to go upstairs but he pulled me back.

"I don't care how old you think you are but you will not curse at me. I'm still your father. Is that understood?" I gulped and nodded.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry, I'm just tired of people questioning me and what I do. I told you I was going to get better, just take my word for it or track me. Seriously. I was hanging out with someone who's good and actually is on track." He nodded and let go of my shoulder.

"It's because you haven't given us a way to trust you Hayden. I'll try to though. But if I see you drunk or smoking without you telling us even once, I'm taking your truck." I nodded and went upstairs. I looked down at my watch. It was nine thirty. I hurried and took a shower then laid in my bed. I took out my phone and opened instagram.

Hey, I'm Hayden and I think you're pretty cute. Maybe even a bit more than that. Do you think I could get to know you? Maybe have your number? I smiled to myself.

Well, hello Hayden. You're not too bad yourself. Sure you can get to know me, but have my number? I don't know about that one. I laughed at her.

You suck :( I think I've earned the right to your number by now Blair.

Maybe... Maybe not. I laughed and shook my head at her. She sent me her number and I called it.

"What do you want Hayden?"

"Is this how you're going to greet me forever? I just wanted to see if you'd give me the right number."

"Why would I give you a fake number? You ever get one of those?"

"Plenty." I grumbled. We stayed up half the night and talked on the phone. I ended up falling asleep first, to her talking about the definition of some long stupid word.

Of course I woke up from a bad dream in the night and hung up. She had left the phone on and I smiled.

I woke up the next morning in an amazing mood. I texted Blair a quick good morning. She never answered, but it didn't matter. I would see her at school.