Chapter 23 - The Message In The Stars

Chapter 23

'Hermione.' Ron called. He listened but heard no reply. Hermione must have gone out. It was so annoying, Ron had something very special planned.

He closed his eyes and apparated to the small house the other side of town where Harry and Ginny now lived. He knocked on the door and was greeted moments later by his best friend.

'Ron,' Harry looked surprised, 'What are you doing here?'

'I'm looking for Hermione. Do you know where she is?'

Harry shook his head. Ron looked worried.

'What's up?' Harry asked concerned about his friend.

'Oh nothing, I just need to talk to her.'

And with that Ron disapperated back to his own home.

Hermione still wasn't there. He would just have to sit and wait until she came back.

An hour or so later Ron heard the front door open and close. He jumped up from the chair he was sat on and ran to meet his beautiful girlfriend.

Ron took Hermione's hand leading her out the back door of their house towards the lake. Ron had told her too keep her eyes shut and so that's what she did.

'Can I open my eyes yet?' Hermione asked impatiently.

'Almost,' Ron replied. 'Here we are.'

Hermione opened her eyes, looking around her. It was beautiful. Underneath the tree where they always sat was a blanket, set out with a picnic. The water was slowly washing backwards and forwards against the shore and it was peaceful. Hermione sat down gazing up at the stars in the night sky above.

'Wow Ron this is beautiful,' Hermione sighed happily.

'I'm glad you like it.' Ron started to kiss her.

'But why? What's so special about tonight.'

Ron took Hermione's hands in his and turned to face her.

'Hermione Jean Granger. I have loved you nearly all my life, and although things haven't always been easy we've managed to get through them. As long as I live, I promise that I will love you, no matter what and I know you feel the same way about me.'

Ron let go of her hand and stood up. He took his wand out of his pocket and pointed it at the stars above muttering a spell underneath his breath.

Hermione gasped at what appeared in the sky in front of her eyes. A wide smile spreading across her face. Ron took a small box out of his pocket and bending down on one knee opening it. Repeating the words that were written in the sky above him.

Hermione Jean Granger,

Will you marry me?

Hermione felt tears of joy in her eyes as she leant forward to kiss Ron.

'Yes, yes a thousand times yes,' she replied not taking her lips of his.

Everything had been so perfect for such a long time, and now things were even better than ever before. Hermione smiled to herself as she walked back to the house, one hand now with a beautiful diamond ring, the other clutched tightly by the hand of the man she would soon marry.

Maybe this was the beginning.