Chapter 14 - The Murder

Chapter 14

'Hey Ginny,' Ron said walking into the common room 'Have you seen Harry?'

Ginny looked pale and frightened.

'He's gone, I don't know where, but he's gone.'

'What?' Ron was furious. 'Even after he promised both of us that he would stay?'

'I'm sorry Ron.'

Ron stormed off into his dormitory. He slammed the door behind him and kicked his bed, stubbing his toe. After everything they had done for Harry, he still ran away. They had stuck by him from the very beginning and this was how he was repaying them?

Ron sat down on the bed not knowing what to do.

'Ron! Ron wake up.' Ginny was shouting.

Ron jumped out of his bed running down the stairs to the common room.

it was silent, except the noises that could be heard in the distance.

'What's that?' Ron asked.

'It sounds like Harry,' Hermione replied.

Ron started running out the common room and towards the astronomy tower where the voices where coming from. He could feel Ginny and Hermione right behind him, but he didn't turn around until he had reached the top of the stairs in the tower. He stopped getting his breath back.

Ron could see a few figures at the top of the tower. Some he recognised, others he did not. He could see Harry, Dumbledore, Snape, what he guessed were Death Eaters and ...

Draco Malfoy.

So this was what Malfoy meant when he told Ron to protect Hermione. He had to protect her from the Death Eaters that Malfoy had brought into school.

Ron wasn't really paying attention to what was going on at the top of the tower until Ginny nudged him. Ron turned towards what was going on.

'Avada Kedavra.'

There was a flash of green light as he saw Dumbledore falling out of the tower, dead.

He saw Snape's wand raised at Dumbledore and knew Snape must have killed him.

'Come on Ron we can't stay here,' Hermione whispered grabbing his arm.

The three of them ran back down to the common room where they waited for Harry to return. All three were shocked about what they had just witnessed.

Why had Draco let Death Eaters into the school?

Was he in fact a Death Eater as well?

Why did Snape kill Dumbledore?

There were so many questions that they needed to ask Harry, but it was hours before he returned. Ginny sat in front of the fire, worry all over her face. Herione lay cuddled into Ron scared to hear the news that Harry would later bring