Chapter 22 - The Cottage

Chapter 22

It had been exactly a year since the battle of Hogwarts as Hermione and Ron stood hand in hand looking back at the Burrow, at the place they had called home for a year. They looked at each other and simply smiled, they were sad to leave but excited as to what was ahead of them.

'Ready?' Ron asked. Hermione nodded and the two disapperated, reappearing outside a small house, more like a little cottage. It was very old fashioned looking, but was beautiful with plants growing up the sides and huge rustic windows. Hermione squealed in delight.

'This is so perfect Ron,' she hugged him.

She had never been happier. She had liked Ron since what felt like the beginning of time and now they were going to be living together. She thought about the first time they had ever gone out, the first time she told him how she felt, the time when they had broken up because of Viktor Krum. Things with her and Ron had never been better and she knew everything bad that had happened in the past were only because he had been trying to protect her.

She picked up her bags and walked inside the house. It was even more beautiful inside.

'Look at this,' Ron said taking her hand and leading her into the next room.

A library. Hermione laughed.

'You know me too well, Mr Weasley.'

She ran out of the house and into the back garden. She gasped. There she saw a huge lake with a huge towering willow tree.

'It's just like at the Burrow.'

'And at Hogwarts.' Ron added.

Hermione was close to tears.

'Don't cry,' Ron wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

'These are happy tears,' she smiled 'It's all so perfect.'

'I try,' Ron laughed.

-

'Ginny!' Hermione cried as she heard a knock at the door.

She knew that Harry and Ginny were going to be coming round that afternoon to see her new house, and know they were here. She ran to the door hugging her best friends.

'Wow,' Ginny was in as much shock as Hermione had been.

'It's beautiful isn't it.' Hermione replied, 'Come on I'll show you around.'

'Harry,' Ron nodded his head towards his friend, not wanting to make a scene.

'You coming to have a look round Harry?' Hermione asked him.

'No I'm alright,' Harry replied, Ron merely laughed.

The two girls ran up the stairs as Harry and Ron walked into the front room, sitting down on two arm chairs.

'Nice place,' Harry said.

'Yeah Hermione really likes it.' Ron laughed.

'I can tell.'

Ron secretly loved it too. Although he didn't show it as much as Hermione. It would be a perfect place for the rest of them to spend there lives together. Maybe one day they could even have a family. It felt like the future was finally starting. And from where Ron was sitting, he knew it was going to be great.