Chapter 17: That Fateful Secret

Thank you for reading! There's only 2 chapters left!! 

Chapter 17: That Fateful Secret

The night before, Levi requested Eren to not attend the graduation ceremony. Dot Pixis has yet to execute his revenge on Levi. He holds a grudge against Levi for being a barrier in his relationship with Erwin. “Be careful.” Petra warned, leaving Eren. Levi finished giving the opening speech to his class and Dot Pixis was up next to speak. “It’s an honor to be here. That was a great speech, as expected from the top student of Shingeki Academy. However, do all of your classmates really know you?” Dot Pixis alluded.

There were mummers and whispers spreading through the crowd but out of all of them Eren was the most in shock. He knew what Dot Pixis was going to do. “Did he find out?” Mikasa panicked. “Find out what?” Armin asked. “With his power, he can find out anything…” Eren frowned. “If Levi knows then why is he still standing up there?” Mikasa asked. “So all the attention will be on him.” Eren cried.

“Your regarded student has been involved in quite a relationship with a freshman, Eren Jaeger to be exact. The two have been living together since this year began.” Dot Pixis announced. The crowd of students and faculty surged with gasps of shock and horror. “Hey Petra isn’t he your fiancée?” Oluo asked. “This is so embarrassing!” Petra flustered. “So you’re available now?” Oluo creeped. It was absolute mayhem, “Eren is this true?” Armin asked. “I’m sorry you had to find out this way Armin…” Eren apologized. “I see…” Armin sighed, “I just don’t understand why you would be with someone who could humiliate and hurt you.”

“Clearly not a romantic relationship!” The principal panicked. “It is.” Levi responded, “If this is your idea of revenge it’s immature. But thank you Dot Pixis…” “Hmmm?” Dot Pixis murmured in confusion.

“If you ever got to know him… he is the kindest and most unselfish person you could ever meet.” Eren complimented.

“Thank you, because now I can hold my lover’s hand in public and tell him that I love him without it being a secret.” Levi said. “Are you crazy?!” Dot Pixis screamed. “I don’t need to hide unlike you.” Levi commented. He faced the crowd of citizens and spoke to them as if they were children with his well known dominance. “I am one of humanity’s strongest warriors against the Titans! When you imbeciles set your priorities on status, do you realize how idiotic you pest are? Eren and I are tired of being treated as monsters when are enemies are clearly in front of us. This is why I’ve decided to join the survey corps.” Levi announced. 

“Erwin, are you joining the Survey Corps too?” Petra asked. “Levi has a point. If we want to rid the world of titans, that’s the best starting point.” Erwin stated. “But the students joining the Survey Corps are leaving right after the ceremony.” Petra informed.

Dot Pixis turned his sight on Erwin, “Your generation is absolutely suicidal, ya know?” “Erwin is not like you Commander Pixis, he's my friend.” Levi stated. “Did you know that dreams end? You took my happiness and ideals away. As long as you exist I won't forgive you, so long Levi.” Dot Pixis departed. 

[After the ceremony]

“Levi…” Father Reiss approached with Mother Reiss supporting his fragile body. “Father…” “You made a good speech… I’ve never seen so many students frolicking to the Survey Corps.” Father Reiss complimented. “Thank you, are you feeling better—”  “But I have to cut you off here.” Father Reiss interrupted. “Sorry Levi, I couldn’t convince him.” Mother Reiss apologized. “I’m removing you from our family. But… I dearly love you Levi. You are my son even if not by blood I do love you, but this is just how reality works.” “I understand” Levi responded. “Your origins as an orphan are still a secret though… I want you to have a good family of your own one day.” Father Reiss expressed.

“Mom, make sure you watch dad, I won’t be back for a while.” Levi worried. “You’ve never called us that…” Mother Reiss cried. “I hope you can understand my life one day Dad. I hope we can be a family again…” Levi departed. “We always will! Because…” Mother Reiss left off. “I know.” Levi assured. Mother and Father Reiss were both in shock, but accepted the situation. “We used to be such great friends with Dot Pixis… It’s sad that he’s trying to get his vengeance for his daughter…” Father Reiss murmured. “We shouldn’t discuss this it’s taboo.” Mother Reiss expressed. “He should know.”  Father Reiss said.

“Eren are you going to see Levi-senpai off?” Armin asked. “Right!” Eren responded. “Eren! Don’t go to him.” Mikasa ordered. “Why not?” “Stay here with me. You don’t need him, he’s ruining your life and you’re ruining his!” She commanded. “But I’m going to see him off!” Eren insisted. “I love you… I’ve always been here Eren, I’ve always accepted you!” Mikasa cried. “Mikasa…” “If I go back home to the Reiss’ and don’t see you there I’ll understand that you don’t accept my feelings.” Mikasa requested. Eren stood there in silence as his childhood friend left expecting him not to leave her. He did not know if he should turn down the person who has been with him through many crises, or the person who has truly changed his life…