Chapter 4: That Fateful Promise I

Chapter 4 part I

       The following morning Eren had awoken next to Levi and realized he still had his clothes attached to his young body. He tried stiffly to remember what happened the night before. Eren stared intensely into Levi’s restful face as he was still sleeping. It was 5:55 am… Eren is usually a late sleeper, but he could not go back to sleep… not in his condition. He just could not purposely fall asleep beside his senpai. Eren removed his legs from Levi and left the bedroom for the bathroom. As he was brushing his teeth Eren was still trying to recall the night before. Suddenly Eren noticed a bite mark on his neck through the mirror. “Oh crap…” Eren said concerned for his life. He remembered what occurred.

       “Eren do you promise?” asked Levi. “What…” Eren said flustered. “Promise… not to leave me” Levi commanded. “I… I DO! I DO Levi-Senpai! I would never leave you!” exclaimed Eren. He was bewildered by Levi’s proposal. How did that cold upperclassman change his mind about a loser so quickly? Did he always possess romantic feelings for Eren? If he changed his opinion then what was the cause? Eren wanted to know.

        “Why?” Eren asked. “Why what? Is that not a natural question? Do you want to be abandoned by a friend?” Levi said. “We’re friends now?!” Eren joked. “Don’t make me bite your lip.” Levi threatened. Eren laughed and tempted Levi by leaning closer to his face. Levi entangled his legs around Eren and held him. “You told me I could do anything to you. So let me hold you. And don’t you dare ever leave me.” Levi said with a puppy’s sad expression when his owner leaves to the door, that same expression of confusion and abandonment.

        Although Levi was cold, Eren thought Levi was lonely; after all he is an orphan. “Levi-senpai, do you think we’re similar because my mother died so suddenly?” Eren hesitated to ask the question because he did not know how to word it without offending Levi. Eren’s legs were entrapped by Levi’s, he did not desire any sensational pain down there. “Don’t compare me to an idiot of your level.” Eren gulped at those harsh words. “However, I know you can understand me emotionally.” Levi said as he rested his head on Eren’s slim shoulder. Eren blushed and was ecstatic. “SENPAI!” Eren yelled and grabbed Levi’s short body. “I’ll never leave you!” Eren promised. “If you ever do you will lose your freedom; got it?” Levi commanded. “Yes sir!” Eren said obliviously to the question.

       Eren remembered his promise and quickly dressed into his uniform. “Oh crap what if Levi-senpai gets upset because I left him in bed alone??” Eren thought. He hurried and went back to the bedroom to check if Levi was still awake.

 Levi was gone. Eren barged out of the room and saw Mikasa just getting up. “Good morning Eren” said Mikasa with a cheerful smile. “Oh, good morning!” Eren said in a rush as he hurried downstairs. Eren exchanged greetings with Mr. Reiss and Mrs. Reiss downstairs. “I made breakfast in the dining room.” Mrs. Reiss said happily. She was obviously a morning person. Eren went into the dining room and noticed Levi, already donned in his skin tight uniform. “Good morning Levi-senpai.” Eren said scared out of his panties. Yes panties. He wears panties. Levi departed from the house immediately after Eren tried to sit next to him. “Hey Levi-senpai!” Eren said as he walked out the door with him. Levi stopped. “Don’t leave the house at the same time as me. I don’t want anyone to suspect that we live together.” Levi said monotonously as he left. Levi was clearly upset that Eren left him alone in bed.

         “Anything for a friend!” Eren pathetically stated. At first it was just an inside joke of his. But Eren gradually began to believe Levi was not only upset because Eren broke their promise. The Levi who society is accustomed with is far from Eren’s reach, Eren thought. “Maybe he really does hate me…” Eren murmured. “Who?” Mikasa asked as she walked out the door. “Uh… no one I’m just a little embarrassed to go back to school Mikasa.” Eren stated as he grabbed his backpack from Mikasa’s hands. “Let’s walk together to school every morning from here” Eren said to Mikasa with a charming atmosphere. Mikasa blushed and agreed.