Chrissy: Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

“Gaara. Stop.” I said suddenly when I heard a female scream from a few miles behind us. I knew that all of the commotion was in front of us but something was telling me to turn around.

“What? Why?” He asked, but he stopped anyways.

“I don’t know; it’s just a feeling. You go on ahead, I’ll catch up.” I said smiling and took off in the other direction. I didn’t realize I was being fallowed until something grabbed my ankle and yanked me to the ground. My eyes went wide as someone placed their full weight on me and I opened my eyes to see familiar black hair.

“Sasuke” I whispered and he held one finger to his lips to shush me.

“Yumi, what are you doing here?” He hissed and I flinched at the dark look in his eyes. His face softened at my reaction and his eyebrows pulled together.

“What do you mean what am I doing here? What are you doing here!” I growled and he just shook his head. For the first time I realized how close we were and I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. He suddenly looked angry again and it was my turn to be confused.

“It is none of your business Yumi. I am going to get off of you and you are going to run back the way you came.” He snapped and I felt my eyes widen in horror.

“What?” I whispered and he made a scoffing noise.

“Did you really think that I like you? Yumi, you are just another girl, except maybe easier to drag along than even Ino.” He laughed and I felt a tear prick at my eye. I locked eyes with him and I could see that he didn’t mean it, but he said it anyways. I decided to play along and see how far he would take this.

“Why would you say that?” I asked my voice barely above a whisper. I let the unshed tear fall down my face and I saw his determination waver. He leaned closer to me and placed his lips right next to my ear.

“You are so predictable Yumi.” He said softly and then threw himself off of me and ran off. At first I thought that he was just messing with me, but now I suddenly did not feel that way.

“Sasuke” I whispered and a single tear ran down my face. Was he right? Am I just another gullible girl?