Chrissy: Chapter Seven

A/N: Hey guys sorry this isn't very long, it is a filler chapter. I already have the next one written so as soon as I get five votes on this one, I will post. Sorry it has been so long..... Guard took up a lot of my time and I had a lot going on with family stuff. I was going to upload last night but of all things thata could possibly happen in Oklahoma, we had an earthquake, 5.6 mag. So anywho.... I hope you guys like it! Comment/vote please! Oh, and this is not edited......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seven:

I was back in my room, trying to sleep, but I couldn’t seem to close my eyes long enough to get that way. I sighed and sat up, sighing.

“Are you ok?” Gaara asked from my window. I jumped before I realized who it was and threw a pillow at him. He smiled a half smile and threw it back.

“Don’t sneak up on me!” I demanded and he chuckled.

“It’s my turn to keep watch over you and I was getting bored.” Gaara shrugged.

“Wait what?” I muttered, fixing my hair.

“We have been taking shifts ever since everything happened.” He said softly

“Why? I mean I understand you want to protect me, but I can take care of myself.” I grumbled and got out of bed. I had taken one of Saskue’s shirts to sleep in since I did not have any pj’s and I didn’t have the urge to go buy any. It reached about mid-thigh so it wasn’t that short on me. I went to the small bathroom I have and ran a brush through my hair.

“Yes you can, but we can protect you better. We just don’t want to lose you.” Gaara murmured, looking at the ground with a blush on his face. I laughed and looked over my shoulder towards him.

“Gaara, you’re blushing.” I teased and he glared at me

“Am not” he denied

“Oh yes you are” I laughed and grabbed a portable mirror as I walked over to him. I placed it infront of him and he closed his eyes as he took a deep breath.

“I. am. Not. Blushing.” He growled and I just giggled and walked away.

“Whatever” I smirked and grabbed a change of clothes. I changed in the bathroom and came back out to him.

“What are you doing?” he asked, alarmed, as he saw me lean out the window

“Come on” I said waving my hand to the window

“Where?” He asked confused

“Anywhere, I need out.” I shrugged and he shook his head.

“No. I am supposed to be keeping you safe” He said disappointedly as he put a sand barrier in the window. I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Pleaseeeee Gaara!!!!” I begged and his determination wavered, but in the end he still shook his head no. Suddenly it hit that all of the guys seem to be determined to one up each other….

“Sasuke would let me; he would be confidant that he could take care of me.” I pouted as I betted my eyes. His eyebrows shot up and his mouth dropped into a small ‘o’ of surprise. I laughed as I realized that it was working until he smirked and shook his head no

“That won’t work with me.” He laughed and I sat on the bed roughly.

“You are no fun!” I snapped and he just laughed as he sat on the bed next to me.

“If I was all fun, it would mean I didn’t care. I want to keep you safe, see how that works?” He said softly and ran his fingers through my hair.

“Yeah, I get it. I just can’t stay in here much longer. It feels like something bad is going to happen.” I said looking at the ground.

“Nothing is going to happen, I’m here.” He said simply and put his arm around me.

“Yeah, I know. I guess I am just… over thinking things.” I said softly. The house shook as I finished my sentence and I jumped up.

“Gaara---” I started, but screams filled the air, effectively cutting me off. I grabbed senbon as Gaara ran to the window. He held his hand out and pulled me onto his back. We ran off to find the source of the screaming.