Chapter 15

Thank you @SelenaKeijzer for the banner

  "What? What planet?" I ask confused.

  "Our planet. The planet our ancestors lived on"

  "Oh my God really?! What's it called? Where's it? How did they reach here? When-" I attack Aiden with questions.

  "Which question do I answer first?" He laughs.

  "Okay, start with what's it's name" Something I don't know, again.

  "It's called Minerva, named after the Kruzex goddess of war and wisdom" He replies in a robotic voice. "Ready to answer the second question"

  "Where's it?"

  "It's 42 light years from here" He replies in the same dumb tune.

  "Okay, do you know how our ancestors reached here?"

  "We had super fast spaceships travelling at almost the speed of light. But our ancestors knew that that wouldn't be enough. After years of research and hard work, they learnt to bend space and travel faster" He replies imitating the robotic voice.

  "Why did they settle here in disguise? Why not invade Earth and use it for research or something? Minerva is far more advanced I bet"

  "Was far more advanced. Our ancestors destroyed Minerva, and suffered its consequences" He seems upset, but he's not quitting the accent.

  "Answer properly you idiot! You don't sound like a robot!" I scream irritated. "You sound like a guy during puberty"

  "Question invalid" He teases in the same tone.

"Please stop?" I try the golden word on him.

"Question invalid" Right, he just crossed the limit.

  I take my shoe and throw it at him.

  He ducks,

  And the shoe enters the portal.

  "Oh you're so going in there. That shoe was limited edition!" I scream at him.

  "Not my problem, I didn't tell you to throw your limited edition shoe"

  "You made me!" I yell.

  "I don't think so. I think my robotic voice is hot" He laughs.

  "Okay then, I'm going in" I start walking towards the portal. Obviously, I'm just acting to make Aiden get it.

  "NO DON'T!" He screams. Ha! Got him!

  "So, you'll get it?" I grin.

  "Yes! But put these on" He hands a suit to me. It's like one of those space suits astronauts from Earth wear when they go to space, except, it's grey. I take the suit from him, and almost drop it. It's heavy and hard. Wonder how I'll be able to walk in it.

  "Why do I have to wear this?" I ask curiously.

  "Minerva has changed. It's not the calm, beautiful place it used to be"

  "Why?"

  "You'll see. Now put these on" He points at the suit.

  I struggle to put the suit on. So far, I only managed to fit my legs in. "Argh how do you even...?" I complain. Aiden comes over to help me get in the suit. He pulls the body of the suit upward and fixes it in place with something that looks like a belt. Then, he takes my arm and inserts it in the glove. Aiden's messy brown hair and that racy smile. His tall, muscular body. Aiden's attractive. Very attractive.