Chapter 20

I hosted a cover contest about a month ago. All the covers of Unique were absolutely amazing ♥ Thank you for participating!

♦ Winners ♦

First: JadeEmelee

Second: VengeanceSurvivor

Third: mutiaraelwa

Congratulations!

You can see their covers on the right

If you'd like to make a cover, message me. I'll notify you when the next contest arrives!

▂▂

Bess ◀◄

  I thought I would die because of Razack, not because of starvation on an alien planet.

  'WARNING: Refill Oxygen and Water now!' I hear my system say.

  'WARNING: Refill Oxygen and Water now!' I hear Aiden's system say.

  That's it. I can't bear it anymore. It has been ringing in my ear like that for a long time now.

  "CAN YOU TURN THE FREAKING THING OFF?" I scream annoyed and tense. "It's like my death reminder! I at least want to die in peace! Not with a stupid system going refill now, refill now, refill now!"

  "Bess cool down" Aiden says softly. "When you are nervous and you scream, your oxygen gets used up faster"

  I try to cool down. Aiden's right, oxygen does get used up faster. Right now, every breath is important. Maybe if I don't scream, I get to live five seconds longer, and maybe in those five seconds somebody might come to rescue us. Maybe... maybe I'm very optimistic, but there's always hope.

  Suddenly my system starts ringing loudly, like an ambulance. I look at Aiden confused. His face looks startled and scared. I shout above the noise of the system, "Aiden, what's going on?"

  He doesn't reply. It looks like he's very addled to even move. I go near him and wave my hand over his face. "Aiden?" I call him.

  All of a sudden, he removes a tube from his suit and attaches it to mine. My system's ringing slowly dies off. Then he removes the tube and attaches it to his own.

  "What was that?" I ask flabbergasted. Aiden looks satisfied with whatever he just did. "What was that tube for Aiden?" I hold his shoulder and give him a little shake.

  "I won't tell you so don't ask" Aiden replies tonelessly. That scared me. He doesn't say that unless its something I'll obviously object.

  "Aiden! What's wrong with you?" I scream angrily. "Tell me! What does that tube do?" I know that a 'ringing noise' always implies that something is wrong. There was obviously something wrong with my system and Aiden fixed it using the tube from his suit.

  "Bess, just leave it okay?" He says gently and tries to side track the topic. "So what's your favorite chocolate brand?"

  "I will start screaming if you don't tell me, Aiden. I don't care if my oxygen runs out" I threaten.

  "Well it already did" He smiles and comes near me. He looks at me in the eye and says, "I will do anything for you"

  Tears form in my eyes. Aiden gave his oxygen to me, and then he turned his alarm off so I won't know. I hit his shoulder and shout. "What the hell is wrong with you!" My vision is blurred and tears start escaping my eyes. "Why would you do that you-" I hug him tightly. We stay like that for some time. I feel so happy in his arms, but I have to do it.