Shiver line 9-10

'I'll be waiting in line, just to see if you care.' - Shiver Lines 9-10

Somehow, there was a certain distance between me and her when we were having a stroll. It's weird.

'Annisa?'

'Hmm?'

Boom boom.  Boom boom.  My heart is pounding.  Rapid yet heavy.  

'I err .... I err.... I've got something to tell you...'

'Go on' she said softly.

'I . Love. You.'

Then I stopped walking.  She stopped walking.  She rushed up to me.

Wait, was she going to kiss me?  

Nah mate. 

Bang! She slapped me.

'Stop fucking around! Be sober!  You don't love me.'

'I was being serious. I really loved you.  I have fallen in love with you since you helped me out when I was hit hard by Kristy.'

She was absolutely shocked.  She seemed to have got a bit lost.  I decided to take my chances.  I went up to her, grab her hands as tight as I could and said,' Look, I know you love me and I love you too.  Why don't we just give it a go?  Worst scenario is we just became soulmates again.  That's all.  But I won't let that happen.  I am not going to let that happen on us.' 

' You can't be serious.  No one will ever love me.  I am ugly , I am short and I got a bad temper.  Why me?  Someone like you could definitely get someone way better than me.'

'Love is not all about the looks.  It is more about the chemistry.  After a decade, I am still feeling it.  I love the fact that you are a caring person and the way you speak just melts my heart completely. '

She was holding back her tears.  She really was a tough girl, wasn't she? Then she laughed for a bit. I tried to grab her hand for once more.  This time, there was no struggles. I held her hand tightly and she followed my lead.  Yes babe!  I have been waiting for this moment for a decade! It all pays off!

So, a playboy finally went out with his Emma Morley, which was brilliant, but the question was, would it last?  Time will tell. There were loads of obstacles ahead of them. 

'Baby, don't you find holding hands a little bit boring?  Let me give you a piggy back.  Come on!'

'No, you are ill.  You can barely walk, let alone giving me a piggy back haha'

'I am alright.  Let's do it!'

So, I piggy-backed her back to her place.  Of course , I stayed in her place for the night.  A night without having to worrying about work.  A night without alcohol.  Just you and the one you love. Just her cuddling with you.  Just her sleeping soundly in your arms.   Others always say life is a coin.  I have been experiencing the materialistic side of life.  Now, I am blessed to experience the loving, caring and spiritual side of life.  Brilliant. 

'Em?'

'Hmm' 

'Do you still remember the letter that I wrote to you when I was 18?  Where I wrote loads of crap and talked about being the best fund manger alive?'

'Of course I did.  Back then, I hated you for a bit because of that.  Why?'

'If I say to you, this is still my goal, will you hate me?  Will you break up with me?'

'No.  Don't be silly.  I figured out that since I love you, so, I have to embrace you, even though there are some parts of you that I don't like.  Engaging yourself in the financial industry is one.  But now, I don't really care.  As long as you feel happy, then, go on with it.'

:) .

I looked her in the eyes.  She looked me into the eyes. And we kissed.  So, getting wasted was not that bad afterall.  You never know what's gonna happen in life. My life is now revitalized.  

As the Chinese idiom goes, ' Behind every successful man, there is always a woman behind him.'  So, if I ever get to become the best fund manager in Hong Kong, she, my Emma Morley, is definitely that woman.

'I'll be waiting in line, just to see if you care.'  Not only did she care, but she loved me as well.