13. Training

Silas

"So how exactly do you plan on helping me train?" Nevaeh asked as we walked a sleeping Tina to her room.

"Well for one we can try to figure out what dormant powers you have and try to awaken those, but first we're going to work on fighting an Alpha King," I explained to her opening the door.

"How? I stood up pretty well to your dad and Tobias threw you around so that means I'm well trained," She retorted tucking Tina into bed.

"Yes but Tobias is an ancient wolf," I said watching as she kissed Tina's forehead and leave out her room.

"That's rude, just because he's a few years old doesn't mean anything," she said punching me in the arm.

"It's not meant to be an insult but he is, how old do you think Tobias is?" I asked her, I'm surprised with her talent that she wasn't able to actually able to detect how old he is.

"At least a century," Nevaeh said.

"No he's at least a thousand years old," I corrected as we walked up to our room.

"Stop playing he can't be," She defied

"Neveah, my father is that old, I would know how old a wolf that age is," I replied.

"Wait if your father is only a century old, then how old are you?" Nevaeh asked getting side tracked. I stopped getting dressed for bed hesitant to answer her question. As wolves we have an extended life period, no one is exactly sure for how long but at the age of thirty a wolf will physically remain that way for at least a decade, if you're lucky maybe even two. For each decade they live they age.

"Is that really a question you want answered?" I asked turning to see her typing on her phone wearing one of my shirts.

"Yeah I asked, I mean it's not like you're a century or anything so I should be fine," she replied never looking up from her phone.

"I'm 85," I responded. She stopped whatever she was doing on her phone and looked at me. Her facial expression was unreadable but she walked up to me and put her hands on my face.

"You poor wolf," she said rubbing my face. "When did you leave your father?"

"When I was twenty."

"That explains why your wolf was a pervert when we met," she said laughing and her eyes flashed green letting me know Lucifer was here with us.

"What do you mean?" I asked moving her hand from my face.

"You know exactly what I mean," Neveah said her face frowning, I lifted my hand smoothing out her frown lines. "Wolves commonly find their mates in their thirties, their mates are usually born within the same decade as they are so they don't feel that gap too long. You had to wait up until I was born and then finding me until you weren't lonely anymore."

"Nevaeh it's fine, I have you now," I said pulling her to the bed.

"That probably explains why you came to America instead of Europe or something," Nevaeh said curling up to my side. "Especially coming all the way up to Jersey, yuck. I mean don't get me wrong I like Jersey, but it's not my favorite place."

"Now that you mention it," I said thinking about the need to go with Alpha Benjamin to meet the northern packs, "I know he was completely capable of going even with his beta, but I needed to go."