7. The Attack

Nevaeh

I was sitting in the field watching the children play around all over the field, they basically forced me to come work at the daycare. The pack accountants had no problem with me leaving, I think it had to do something with the fact that the children literally all came one day and pulled me out of the office. Remembering makes me laugh every time I think about it.

I was sitting at my desk filling out the balancing sheets for this month for the pack's expenses, I was moving up pretty quickly in the month that I was there. All the accountants were in their offices hard at work, doing business and I was happily sipping my coffee that Silas had brought me earlier. He was doing some serious sucking up.

I looked up from my desk when I heard some noise at the door. There stood a group of the children from the daycare center

"Hey Neveah," Tina said stepping forward from the group.

"Hey guys, where's your teacher?" I asked standing up and going over to them.

"Back at the daycare," Mikey answered.

"You went wondering around by yourselves?" I asked seeing if there were any more children wondering around.

"We wanted to see, you," Denise answered.

"You haven't been there in three days," Mikey answered putting up his three fingers.

"I have to work guys; you know making sure that the pack is taken care of. We all have to do our parts," I explained.

"That's with us," they responded. I sighed smiling at the smart little children that have grown attached to me for some reason.

"Okay, when I'm done working here..." I started but was interrupted by one of the pack accountants who came out to see a crowd of five children and me kneeling in front of them.

"Oh, we have visitors," Riley said smiling at the children. He was an older member, his son was one of the pack's best hunters according to Silas. I have yet to really see what these wolves could do, so I wouldn't challenge anything until I saw everything with my own eyes.

"Yes, sorry, Riley, I'll walk them..." I started but was yet again interrupted.

"Mr. Riley, we really miss Nevaeh," Denise said pouting.

"She tells us all the best stories," Mikey said.

"Can you please let her come with us?" the twins, Patrick and Frederick asked pouting and doing the biggest puppy eyes I have ever seen.

Ever since then, they have me bouncing between the two different spaces, mornings with the accountants and afternoons with the kids. Riley is the biggest sucker ever. Lucifer has enjoyed watching the children, she seems most content when she is with the children, well except when she is with Silas.

Silas and I have been going out at least three times a week, and I can feel that our connection (not the one between our wolves) is getting stronger. Him as a human and me as a human are connecting more and more and as hard as I was trying to fight it, it was getting harder to do. He was just a great guy, he wasn't the arrogant prick I assumed him to be. He was actually really hard working, gentle, kind, and generous. He was always trying to push the best out of people, and I admired that. Especially when he was training the new recruits for the warriors of the pack. He would push them till they vomited and pushed them some more, he knew that his job was very important, and took it very seriously.