2. The Trap

Nevaeh

"The nerve of those low leveled beasts," Lucifer growled as we ran through the forests.

            After getting fired I went to take a walk to calm myself off and wound up at Rutgers Admission Office, and they gave me trouble about getting readmitted and reapplying saying that there are certain procedures that I must take involving paying back fees that I had no idea I needed to pay in the first place. I think, no I know it had something to do with the fact that they were another set of Alpha Tom's lackeys. Shameful how they would allow their alpha to affect their jobs.

            So easy to say that I was in fact upset with the outcome of how my life was going so far. No job, no school, and now I was in the territory of an Alpha that had a personal vendetta against me. I mean he already had one against me because I refused to be apart of his pack and I refused to address him with the title he felt he so rightfully deserved when in fact he got it as a last resort.

            Growling as I stepped on a thorn from a bush, I jumped up and bit onto a low hanging branch that had to be hanging on the last tether to the tree and ripped it off throwing it at the thorn bush.  I ran faster pounding my claws into the ground feeling so frustrated with everything. I had nothing to myself, everything was going downhill. The anger that was festering was slowly turning into sadness and I was becoming numb. I was slowing down on my trail and when I came to a complete stop a fierce stinging pain hit both sides of my hind leg. I growled looking down at my leg to see a bear strap had snatched my leg. SHIT! The pain was excruciating and the numb feeling immediately vanished from my body, replaced with the hot fire of pain. The pain was so great that I could feel it in my nose, and the back of my eyes burned as tears were forming.

"You have to try and pry the teeth out of your leg and move," Lucifer guided me trying to find a way out of this for us.

            "I can't it hurts to much," I cried back.

I threw my head back and let out a strong howl that would probably attract the hunter that set up this damned trap. This is why I didn't run at night, I was too upset from the events of my day and very rarely paid attention to my surroundings. Dammit, now I'm going to become someone's carpet. Lucifer growled at my thoughts not appreciating that we would be the next notch in some hunter's belt.

            Her growling was stopped when we heard leaves crunching around us.

"Well look at this," I heard the all too familiar voice of Sian. Sian was a warrior wolf from my sister's pack, he was basically security for the pack, nothing special about him. But he wasn't too happy with the fact that I beat him in a fight when he was going hunting with his pack one night. He was unaware of the fact that I could make my nightly runs on pack grounds, so he attacked me and after that little dispute he was embarrassed that a girl could defeat him. Misogynist asshole!

"Sian," I growled out.

"Poor little Nevaeh trapped by a hunter's claw, who's the big bad wolf now?" He asked taunting me as he circled around me.

            "I still am," I growled scratching his nuzzle snatching some of his grey furs with my claws, or maybe it was Lucifer, either way we both agreed on wanting to cause him some pain as he relished in the pain I was in.

"You bitch," he growled back, yipping and backing away from me as I growled at him.

"For that I will let the bear come and make you his meal," Sian growled before howling some more attracting the bear to us. Certain wolves had the ability to manipulate their howls so that instead of making animals want to go away, it attracted them. Sian was one of those wolves.