Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Powerful Rival

Kei leaned heavily on his katana which was stuck firmly in the ground. He pointed his sword at the First, but found his arms were trembling. They were trembling like children being scorned by their parents.

            The gravity around the first was heavier and denser. His lungs were having trouble simply getting enough air for him to consider it breathing.

            The moment he had come within a sword length of the first, this huge wave of gravity and shot him face first to the ground. His katana had stuck to the floor but he had remained in control of the rapier.          

            There was no way that this man could have more power than him. He had the gift of a Goddess. All this man has was brute strength and a primordial mind. The realization that he was wrong seemed quite obvious the moment it hit him and he cursed that it hadn’t come sooner.

            “What the Chaos is this?” Kei dropped his arm to his side, his rapier clattering on the floor wildly. “Why does it feel like there’s a building on me?” He grunted as the pressure increased and he dropped to his knees.

            Sweat dripped down his forehead and rolled down his face before splashing onto the floor. Kei looked at his shaking arms, and saw his muscles bulging with the effort to keep him up, the veins sticking out like a black spot on a cow.

            “This is my space. Maybe if I come to like you I’ll tell you how I got it.” First talked and strutted around as if there was no increase in gravity. He simply walked like he was on a picnic. “I’m impressed that you can talk, much less remain from falling to your face. The pressure is on medium. Most people faint the moment my lowest pressure hits them.” He tapped his chin slowly in a mocking jester. That guy just needed someone to beat his ass.

            “Don’t get ahead of yourself,” Kei said, wrapping his fingers around the Katana. He pulled himself until his chin was atop the hilt. Determination and the will to win filled him like a warm cup of milk on a cold day. He clenched the hilt of the katana with both hands and tore it out of the ground. Then he made his way over to the rapier, and made it leap into the air by hooking his foot underneath it and kicking up. “You just surprised me.”

            First looked stunned, his mouth gaping open. But it transformed into a grin—or maybe a snarl—within seconds. Kei could almost see his own lips curl upward to take the form of his own smile. One that was as feral as they come.

            Kei ripped off the eye patch and it hit the floor like a rock.  Something inside of him was flipped, and the eye was activated. For some reason the gravity seemed to lesson around him and his body regained most of its strength.

            “It’s been a while since anyone was able to stand medium pressure. Try this on for size.” The big guy stomped his right foot on the ground, and suddenly the pressure increased again. But it was only as if a heavy coat had been placed around his shoulders. This was nothing.

            Kei feigned falling to the ground. The moment he heard a chuckle from the first, and pounced.  Their weapons crashed against each other. Blow after blow was dealt and blocked, only to be dealt more blows which were in turn blocked.

            He dodged a swing from the First by spinning around it and countering it with a horizontal slice. First smacked it aside before dropping to a knee and swishing an X in his directing. Kei jumped backwards and barely avoided a fatal blow.

            His heart beat loudly in his chest, excitement filling his bones to the limit. Kei was surprised no one else could hear it beat, even if just a little.