Chapter Forty-One: Destined Battle

Kei struggled to keep his face emotionless-except for the feral grin claiming his face. This was a challenge. If Kei were to claim the title of Ghunyan's brother, then all of Kei's claims would be shed aside and there would be confusion amongst his thieves. On the other hand, he could return to his kingdom and battle his brother for the crown through politics and deception.

"Brother? I think perhaps the King of Fileatte belongs in an asylum." To the Abyss with politics.

The thieves behind him snickered, coloring Ghunyan's face for a moment. There might have been a glint of bloodlust in his brother's eyes, but it was swiped away to fast to tell and his usual cold and calculating look returned.

"However, I am a prince." Kei noted the Aliza raised an eyebrow and there were astounded murmurs' from both sides. "I am the prince of Chaos." Kei split his grin even wider-until it hurt his face. "I am the Feral Prince."

"I see. Well then, Feral Prince. Prepare to die," said Ghunyan with a casual shrug. He beckoned the big balloons in the sky with two fingers. Instantly, his men ran away from the area, dropping everything heavy.

Kei turned back to the retreating thieves and met their confused looks with one of foreboding. Before he even had a chance of screaming a retreat, something like rocks were being dropped on them from above. But they weren't rocks. Not unless rocks exploded on contact and sent a ring of fire to devour anything in what Kei assumed was a fifteen foot radius.

He made eye contact with Aliza and Kei hoped she could read them. Kei took off toward the Fileattion army, knowing that anyone with the slightest amount of loyalty or brains would follow him. The closer they got to Ghunyan's army, the less likely it was for them to be caught in the explosions. Plus, he'd be able to take out a few of the soldiers.

Kei let a loud roar burst from his throat, a primal noise that seemed to catch the attention of most thieves and even the distant soldiers. It was a cry for blood. A scream of challenge.

He blocked out his men's dying screams and focused ahead of him to Ghunyan's disappearing figure. The man rode a beautiful white stallion that Kei had no chance in Chaos of catching up with.

Sweat poured down his face and his legs ached for a break as he pounded them on the ground, his eyes on his target. How his brother had known his plans, what happened to Kraven-both irrelevant. Only the death of Ghunyan was on his mind. And out of nowhere, Aliza appeared at his side with a similar grin to his. A wild grin. Kei almost tripped over his feet from looking over at her.

"Need help?" asked the thief with a twinkle in her eye and a flash of silver between her fingers.

"I will kill him." Was all Kei managed to say between clenched teeth. Anymore and he wouldn't be able to breathe. How was this woman keeping up with his pace and not breathing hard?

Whatever, he thought, it doesn't matter.

Soon enough the white stallion was far beyond their sights. But even so Kei kept sprinting in that direction. Hatred and rage continuing to fuel him with energy. It was thanks to the extra energy he spotted a the suns glare from a far hill and had enough time to swivel on his heels and tackle Aliza.

They tumbled roughly on the ground and rolled down a hill, rocks cutting his back and legs all the way down.

Kei was instantly on his feet, dragging Aliza to hers. "Shut up and follow me," he growled quietly before she had time to open her mouth. Clutching her hand tightly, he pulled her through the maze of trees, hoping to get as far away from that archer as possible.