Chapter Twelve| You Are, By Far, The Brightest Star I've Ever Seen

Sable and Parker think you should go check out my new story The Brothers Strong. (;
It would mean a lot if you did. <3

CHAPTER TWELVE| YOU ARE, BY FAR, THE BRIGHTEST STAR I'VE EVER SEEN

 The waves crashing against the shore follow a slow rhythm and the whitecaps that crash against my knees take the sand from under my feet when the current pulls back, sinking me farther into the sand. The air is crisp and smokey, thanks to Parker, blowing cold gusts of air that tangle my hair together and raise goosebumps on my wet legs.

Parker and I left the coffee shop once I had stopped crying, driving me back to my house so I could change. He’s been watching me closely since I admitted my fear of myself, his hand tightly holding onto my own whenever he finds the chance. He drove me to the cove afterwards, where I proceeded to remove my tights and jacket and wade out until I was knee deep in the cold, crashing waters. Parker threw a fit at first, insisting I was insane for standing in the ocean in the middle of winter, but gave up when I spread my arms out from my sides, flipping him the bird as I did so. He settled for sitting in his blue and green lawn chair, a cigarette hanging limply from the corner of his mouth, flicking my dads Zippo lighter open and closed repeatedly as he watches me kick water around.

“Darlin’, come here.” I look at him from over my shoulder, the wind whipping my hair into my mouth, I don’t bother pushing it behind my ear. When I don’t move to him immediately, Parker rolls his eyes and beckons me over with a finger, smirking like the devil he is. I hide my smile and turn back to the water, watching the seagulls flying over head as I take a deep breath of salty, cold air. I hear a groan followed by the sound of something heavy hitting the ground before Parker’s sliding his arms around my stomach, burying his cold nose into my neck. The moment ends when Parker picks me up and spins me around in a circle that leaves me laughing and dizzy. The water splashes against me when he sets me down on my feet, soaking into the hem of my sundress. I turn to him as soon as he lets me go. He no longer wears his leather jacket and the bottoms of his jeans are rolled up past his ankles which has become redundant seeing as his jeans are now soaked all the way to his shins, turning the soft, light blue denim a dark blue.

 I look over to the lawn chairs where his jacket lays in the seat of the chair, his boots peeking out from under it. His pack of Marlboro's lays in the sand, tossed to the side without care. I was starting to notice how little Parker smoked nowadays, I’d only seen him smoke two since we left the cafe. I questioned why but when it came to actually asking him, I couldn't find the right words.

 A whistle drags me from my thoughts and when my eyes find Parker among the waves, I squeal. Cold water drips down the front of my dress, soaking into my strapless bra and Parker laughs at me as pull the sopping wet cotton away from my chest. The next splash of water he sends my way leaves me dripping water as I stand in the waves, my white dress nearly see through. He smiles sweetly at me, placing his arms behind his back. “Cute.” I snap before holding my hand out towards him. “Now give me your shirt.” Parker raises his brows seductively at my request. “You want it, come get it.” He says in an innocent voice I didn't know even know he could manage. I make my way over to him slowly, stopping when I’m inches away. He wiggles his eyebrows at me when my fingers find the hem of his shirt. Knowing I won’t be able to pull the shirt from over his head, I push the forest green material up his torso, trailing my fingers against his skin as I go. He closes his eyes as my thumbs trail over his lightly tanned stomach before taking the thin shirt and pulling it over his head, making his hair even more wild than it already was.

 “Hold it.” I say to him when he holds it out to me. He looks unsure of what I’m doing, but I smile at him before grabbing the bottom of my dress and pulling it over my head, removing the wet dress from my chilled body, leaving myself standing in front of Parker in my unmentionables as water laps at my legs.