Chapter Eight| Red Cheeks And Shirtless Torsos

Thank you lilbrooklin for the cover at the side. Go and check out her story The Replacement Sister, it's amazing.

CHAPTER EIGHT| RED CHEEKS AND SHIRTLESS TORSOS

It’s warm. Really, really warm. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever felt this kind of warmth before. I can feel it in my chest, spreading through my veins like some sort of drug. I nuzzle my face further into my pillow but I can’t remember my pillow ever smelling like this. Smoky and spicy, like those seasonal autumn candles. It’s intoxicating and I can’t put my finger on where I’ve encountered it before. It takes awhile before I realize.

 I lift my head, my eyes squinting from the bright light of the TV. A ray of light enters the basement from the small window, casting Parker’s sleeping face in white light. He looks peaceful and… shirtless. My cheeks immediately flush as my eyes shamelessly wander over his shirtless chest. I only snap out of my trance when his arm tightens around my waist, pulling me even closer to him. The loveseat was not made for this is all I think as I look him over once again.

 He looks so peaceful. His hair, messy like it always is, lays against his forehead in almost curls and I can’t seem to stop myself from reaching up and guiding it back into its place. Parker stirs, groaning half heartedly, before opening his eyes to look at me with amusement. My hand hovers in the air over his face and I blush deeper and he smiles wide. It’s a smile I’ve never seen before but I’d give anything to see it again. It’s bright and wide and full of teeth. It’s a real god honest smile and it takes every ounce of air out of my lungs.  

 "What are ya doin’, darlin’?”

 I can’t think straight and I think maybe it’s because of my lack of oxygen. “Wher- Where’s your shirt?”

 Parker chuckles, stretching his arms over his head. “Well, good morning to you too, darlin’.”

 I literally can’t talk or think straight. So, I babble.

 “Your hair was in your face so I thought I’d move it and then you woke up and smiled and I’m not sure if I’m actually awake right now and I feel like an idiot and I can’t stop talking but you look so amazing when you sleep, not in a weird way because that sounded really weird and oh god you must think I’m a -” Parker places his finger over my lips. “Stop… takin’.” I swallow loudly, nodding my head.

 “Good?” He asks me. I nod again. “Good. Now, I’m shirtless because it got pretty warm in here last night. Tell me good morning.”

 “Good morning, Parker.” I say it robotically, causing Parker to laugh. “I wasn’t serious, but I’ll take it.”

 “Did you sleep good? You look really peaceful when you sleep an-”

 “What do I have to do for you to stop babblin’?” He asks, smirking.

 “Wha- I don’t- I’m sorr-”

 His palm is warm against my neck as he pulls our faces closer together. My brain is screaming that he’s going to kiss me and every hair on my body stands on end. His lips are so close to mine, and he’s looking at me with such darkness in his eyes but it’s nothing like the darkness I’ve seen before. The darkness is filled with lust and… love? Whatever it is has ever part of me on end and he closes his eyes as soon as our foreheads touch and so do I. I can feel his breath fan against my lips. So close. So close…