Chapter 23: Family visit.

"Mom, dad. It's great to finally see you again!" I say as I wrap my around them.

"Hey sweetheart." My mom greets me.

"Did Blake come?" She shakes her head.

"No, he still had work to do, so he couldn't make it. He is sorry though."

"Really?" As you might or might not know, my brother and I never really got along. Yet we still love each other, but we won't tell anyone that.

"Of course." She answers with a smile.

"So where is the beautiful girl?" My dad asks.

"James' mom is holding her." I move aside so they can enter the house and they immediatly make there way to the living room. I follow them. "Philip, don't stuff yourself with the chips." He rolls his eyes. Both James' mom and my parents were all over Lily. Nicholas goes over to Lorrain and practically demands her to play with him. I spot Ali in the kitchen, leaning against the cupboard and doing something on her phone. I wonder where James is. I make my way to the kitchen and lean against the counter in front of Ali. "Hey Ali." She looks up and lowers her phone.

"Oh hey aunt Joni."

"Not having fun." I ask pointing to here phone. She shrugs a little.

"It's just a little too crowded for me in there." I nod in understanding.

"Anyway have you seen your brother?"

"Which one?"

"The one I'm married to." She shakes her head.

"Nope, haven't seen him. Sorry."

"It's okay." I let a small sigh. "So how's your love life?" A small blush appears on her cheeks. "Oh come on you can tell me." I nudge her.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone?"

"I promise." She bites her lip.

"His name is Dean. He's the hottest guy in school."

"Were you texting him?" She nods. "Do you think he's into you too?"

"I'm not sure. He's flirty but not just with me."

"Player?"

"Not really."

"Well I hope it all works out." I give her soft smile.

"Thanks aunty." She gives me a swift hug. I take a breath.

"And now I'm gonna go look for my husband." I left the kitchen and went through the living room, where he wasn't. Then to the hall. "James?" No answer, so I make my way upstairs. "James?" I call again. Still no answer. I open the door to our bedroom and see him sitting there. He quickly shoves something underneath him and looks away. "Hey, aren't you supposed to be downstairs with our family?" I ask softly. He shrugs. I walk over to him and sit down in his lap. I grab his face to make him face me. His eyes look puffy and red, like he had been crying. "What's wrong?" He snakes his arms around my waist.

"It's nothing." He pecks my lips.

"Baby, I can tell you have been crying. That's not nothing. Just tell me what's wrong." He lets out a shaky sigh and takes what he had hidden underneath him. He hands it to me. "A picture of your dad?" He nods.I pull him closer to me and he burries his face in my shoulder. My left hand rests in his hair and the other one rubs his back soothingly. He lifts his head. I take off his glasses and clean them while he wipes his tears. I place his glasses back on his face.

"Days like these I just miss him more than ever."

"It's okay to miss him. But you know he's always with you, right? In here." I lay my hand on his heart. He nods while putting his hand over mine, giving it a light squeeze.