Chapter 7

Omega

I felt like I was at the beginning of all creation, the garden of eden on a planetary scale, I had heard stories of the omega system's beauty but this put every one of them to shame in an instant. There were four planets orbiting around the sun, and each planet had a moon, the difference? The moons were a deep sea green, and the sun was a deep blue, scientists believe that the core of the sun is mostly composed of copper, like in fireworks. The moons, they knew for certain, were composed mainly of silica, which is why they are a greenish blue.

I stared at the sight for a few seconds before I realized my dad was laughing at me, I turned and he wiped a tear from his eye, "Your face, just... " he burst out laughing again.
I sighed and bumped him with my elbow, "At least I have good taste."
My dad sat up and tried to appear serious, "You would have to be an astroid not to enjoy the view..."

I nodded, that was the only thing that seemed to populate our small slice of space, I looked out the window and to my slight surprise saw a small cluster of ships orbiting one of the moons in the distance, I glanced at the radar but they were apparently just local military ships and were flying around toward the other side of the moon, away from us. I looked back out the cockpit window for a moment and then looked back to the radar, noticing that there was another group of fighters on a direct course for us, not good.