Chapter 31

A date...I guess

I paced around, after a bunch of testing with Tom I had given up in trying to find his limits and decided to just accept the explanation he gave me on the shuttle, that his limits were only the limits of my ingenuity and imagination. I was now in the lobby of the museum, waiting on Sarah to show up; I checked my watch, she was late. I kept pacing and eventually she showed up, out of breath and in a dress that was definitely not alliance issued. I blinked as she walked up, dressed in a black, long and form fitting dress.

I couldn't stop from staring at her, "well?" She asked, "what do you think?"

I blinked again, "you look... You look drop dead gorgeous."

She blushed and looked down, flattered by my complement, "come on, let's go in." I said, gesturing towards the doors.
I offered my arm and she took it, walking with me as we entered the museum and looked at the exhibits. I enjoyed it, I enjoyed being here, with her. It was nice, normal even.

I leaned in after a few minutes and told her, "you're making me feel underdressed." I had chosen to wear my jeans and a clean black button down shirt.

She looked at me, afraid she had overdone it, and then saw the smile on my face. "I wanted to look nice for our..." She scrunched up her face, as if thinking of what to say, so I said it for her. "Date?"
She blushed and nodded, "yeah, a date...I guess"
I put my arm around her as we walked through the exhibits, looking at replicas of earth fighter jets and old rockets, even a life size model of the first warp drive, which was the size of car. After we were done I walked her up to her room, talking as we went. She turned to me as we got to her door, "I had a lot of fun tonight...thank you." I smiled and nodded, brushing a strand of hair from her face as I did so. She seemed caught off guard for a moment, then leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the lips before rushing into her room.

I stood there dumb founded for a good minute, she had kissed me... I had to make sure I didn't just imagine that, so I gave myself a quick pinch, it hurt. I smiled and walked back to my room, whistling as I went.

***A/N***
I'm debating seriously weather or not to pull out one of those cliche 'goes and uses abilities to save girlfriend after disaster happens' type of thing... I'm pretty sure if I did I'd add some sort of twist but I don't think I'm going to go for a cliche. Anyway, moral of the story is that I might be a while until my next update while I iron out plot points and maybe do a little cleaning up around the edges, sorry!

P.S.
I'd like to thank Etinks, though technically he didn't patent this authors note thing, but I saw it from him first and wanted to give him credit. If you don't know who he is CHECK HIM OUT! He is currently writing a book called Starship Vengeance, the sequel to one of my favorite books by him, Battleship Unity. I highly recommend you check them out!