Chapter 3

That night Ram along with his friends visited the bar which was setup in separate tent for men. He settled with his friends in a table. His brother Kanji soon joined them. He was already drunken he said slurring, "Ram! My brother you have made me so proud today by winning the race I just want to give you a huge hug. You have taught those people what they are worth of. I am so happy this year you came to Rann Utsav."

Ram just smiled at his brother and said, "Even I am glad to be here brother. But my winning was just a bit of luck and planning." Kanji grinned silly and said, "Oh yeah I heard all about your planning part. I am so honored that my little brother dared to go into Durga's house and steal his winner camel." He asked quickly "Was that the same camel you used today in the race?"

Ram just rubbed his hand behind his neck and smiled "No bhai even our camel was very good but not the best, so I just took out the best camel from the race."

Kanji laughed and said, "You should just kill that camel and send it as gift from Jadeja's to Durga. Oh! How I would love to see his face then."

Ram gasped "Never! In fact we never took the camel out of the village even. We just hid it in the camel shed in the next street of their house. We just knew they will never suspect camel to be still within the village. Bhai you are having very violent thoughts. I want to just clear that I did not do that for any enmity or to teach anyone any lesson. Just for the sake of winning and as a prank I hid the camel."

Kanji said, "Whatever brother I am still happy you won and hope you carry on the legacy of this enmity. See you later guys". He stopped again, "Hey, rejoice your success for tonight. I heard there are lots of beautiful girls from neighboring villages. Celebrate your success I am sure after today's victory all the girls will be mooning over you." He winked and walked away.

Ram's friend laughed at Kanji's comments and said to Ram "So let's get going Ram it seems we have landed ourselves with noble job of deflowering few maiden's here. We must use the success of you winning the race to win some village belle's to keep ourselves entertained at the utsav."

Ram laughed lightly "I never need to win any race to win over any women. They just come flocking towards me all the time just by my one look. Anyways let's go check out what this Utsav has got to offer to me. I am yet to meet one girl who is immune to my charms."

His friends suggested the best way to start there exploration was from the festival tent where cultural programs were ongoing. The array of folk music and dance performances organized in the shimmering moonlit landscape providing the most enchanting experience. Laughter's and chatters of the men and women could be heard from the distance. Ram and his friends headed in that direction.

Ram refused to wear the traditional dress of Gujarat. He was dressed in tight blue jeans and light white shirt. He had rolled up the sleeves to elbow's showing off his arm muscles. He had a multi–colored scarf around his neck hung loosely.  As they made their way around the tent many young women were ogling at him. They were whispering among themselves that he was "the Ram" who had beaten Rana.

Suddenly two kids from behind banged past Ram and continued running, pursuing them on heels was a young girl who rushed past Ram. Her hand accidently brushed against his hand. Ram felt jolt of electricity at the point of contact which moved up his hand. He quickly tried to get hold of that girl's hand but she was quick and was out of sight in sprint of a second. Ram felt his chest constraint from loss of contact he tried to jump up and see through sea of people's heads trying to find her. All he saw her was from behind. She was dressed in traditional dress with orange lehanga and red choli with red chunri.  She looked tall from behind and with a very good figure.

*******************************************************************

 Leela's niece Navya and nephew Vishnu were throwing tantrums that they wanted sweets from the market street. All the elders were enjoying the dance and were not in willing to take the kids out to buy the sweets. Vishnu quietly grabbed Leela's purse and starting running towards the market street, even Navya joined him. Leela realized what had just happened and chased behind the kids. They were very fast and even the area was too crowded. Leela was blindly running behind kids not wanting to lose them from sight. She suddenly ran past someone and her hand brushed against his hand. She felt like her heart just skipped a beat. Not wanting to dwell on the feeling and worried about losing the kids she just followed the kids and ran.