The Rough and the Reckless [Chapter 15]

Izazya's POV

Today has been exhausting, I never realised that one of my own games could wipe me out. But, hey, who am I to complain. It’s not pain no game after all. A bit of pain can’t stop me now, I’m on a roll. I’m here, in my house, watching Kelsey plan out the decorations, to prove something – and only time will tell me what that something actually is.

I looked down at my watch, 9:34pm.
“The guests will be here soon, people…” I muttered under my breath. Unbelievably, Kelsey heard. “Eh, why don’t you help out then? Stop sulking and get your ass into gear, Izazya!” I smiled, “Such fierceness in you, little sister.” I said tensely, turning towards the kitchen, deciding to set out a few snacks. I looked back over my shoulder, seeing Kelsey stood in the doorway, an orange-rimmed bowl cupped in her hands. “Put the snacks in here, Izzy.” She told, placing the bowl on the side of the laminate table top. I nodded, and laid out different packets of sweets in front of me. “Well, we meet again…” I circled my finger along a packet of Jelly babies, counting, to myself the many memories where dad had set this very bowl on the table and piled sweets after sweets into it. It taunted me and Kelsey so much, because back then I could barely see over the table, never mind reach anything from it. I smiled at the packet, before ripping it open with my teeth. “Once upon a time I gave a damn. But now,” I looked at the torn packet. “You’re nothing but a memory.” I watched as all the jelly babies flooded out of the packet, piling on top of each other to create a mountain. It looked like a rainbow had just puked.
“Done!” I cried out, carelessly filling the bowl with other sweets – none of them would have the same treatment I gave the Jelly babies.

I jogged out of the kitchen and glanced at Kelsey, “Go get dress!” she retorted, measuring me up with her eyes. “You look horrible, what is that? A sweat suit? Shoo, shoo!” she gestured me upstairs, so that’s where I ran. I opened my door and placed one of my tracks on, the beat flooded my ears. “Oh, I love this one!” I informed, a smile touching my lip. The beat of the bass got me moving, step by step, the lyrics got me thinking, thought by thought. The music messed me up; music was one thing that couldn’t let me down. Although I was half naked, my boxers the only thing left untouched, I started to dance across the room. It was fun…
while it lasted.

Kelsey's POV

Everything about this party had to be perfect, I was positive all the popular kids would come to this, from every year; more than likely because if Izazya found out he'd question them. Something no one wants. Plus, Joe was coming; Izazya wanted him hooked. I was in on this little game he had planned. I walked off from the living room where a few friends were adding finishing touches - filters to the lights to dim them, closing the curtains, getting food out. I walked off to Izazya's room, banging on the door.

"Izazya, is it safe to come in?!" I yelled. I didn't even wait for a reply, I just walked in, hoping not to get scarred. Fortunately, he had his boxers on, I was fine. Unfortunately, he was dancing around his room like an idiot. I leaned against the doorway, pulling out my phone and started filming him; he hadn't even noticed yet. 

"If I had you! Life would be a party in the ecstasy!" he sang, spinning round. I laughed.

"Ok, I'll leave you to get ready on your own, just hurry up." I said. He looked at me, horrified.

"When did you get in here?!" he yelled, I wiggled my eyebrows. Just then, Jade ran in, taking a photo of him. "Jade!" he yelled at her. She laughed.

"Party memories, babe." She winked and ran off again. I looked at him and grinned.

"Just hurry your ass up, Izazya." I said and smiled, walking out, closing the door behind me. 

Half an hour later, Izazya came downstairs, dressed perfectly for the party; he loved to stand out. A red jacket, trimmed with black, a white shirt, only half buttoned, black, tight, skinny jeans and his army boots, and, of course, a cane. He was the ringmaster, the head of all games. I smirked at him.

"Oh, you're looking good" I said to him as he came down the stairs.

"No, girl, you are!" he replied in his most unmanly voice, dragging out the words you are.

"Shut up Izazya." I growled, poking his nose as I walked past him. He followed me, as he did, my little sheep."Ok, so, please don't give away the game tonight, okay?" I told him. I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye. "You tease him, I'll set the fire sprinklers off, wait til everyone's left, keep him there, just a few seconds ok? And then, you walk back, stand on this window ledge," I pointed to a window in the back of the room. "And then you fall out. Smirk at him, wink, something. We'll set the rest up." I explained.

"Got'cha." He replied, nodding, taking it all in. "I can do that."

"I know you can, Izzy." I replied, turning and hugging him. He hugged me back. That's when the doorbell rang. The party was about to begin. The main lights were dimmed, the party lights coming on, the colours filling the rooms. I went to go answer the door, Izazya sitting on the sofa, looking dramatic. I rolled my eyes; all about the impression.

The party had started, I was dancing with one of the guys from our year, tall, blonde, a football player. I smirked at him and he grinned back. I looked over to Izazya, who was looking at me unapprovingly. I flagged him off and he laughed, going back to dancing with a girl that had pretty much cornered him, probably hoping to get laid or something. When the song finished, I looked over the boy's shoulder, spotting the familiar face of Joe. 

"I'll be back in a second!" I said, patting the boys shoulder. He nodded and I walked over to Izazya, grabbing him by his jacket, pulling him down so I could whisper in his ear.

"Joe's here, go get him." I whispered, looking over to Jade who was DJing, signalling the change of songs. Adam Lambert - For your Entertainment. Jade saw and switched. I let go of Izazya, patting his head and walking back to the guy I'd been dancing with. I saw Izazya talk to the girl, telling her he'd be right back. He then winked at her and left, walking over to Joe. This better be worth it.