The Rough and the Reckless [Chapter 9]

Joe's POV

I yawned, stretching out, reaching over for Izazya. I couldn't find him, my hand feeling over the area across from me.
"Izazya?" I asked to the emptiness; opening my eyes slowly to find myself alone. I sat up slowly. "Izazya?" I asked again. No reply. Maybe he was outside. I crawled over to the fabric door, unzipping it, my heart racing; where was he? I looked outside. No-one. The fire had been stamped out, the ashes cold. I stepped out into the cold air, shivering slightly.  I walked around the campsite, looking in case he'd been hiding. Still nothing. I bit my lip. He said he'd stay. I had an idea; what if he was at his campsite again? I broke into a jog, jogging off in the general direction of his campsite.

Izazya's POV

I didn't want to leave Joe alone this morning, but it seemed appropriate; he'd been drunk, and I felt guilty. So, I'd come back to the campsite to ask for advice from Brit.
"Brit," I called, walking into our clearing, "I need some help."
"Boyfriend troubles?" She asked knowingly. I rolled my eyes.
"Technically he's not my boyfriend, he's 'not interested in men'." I replied.
"Not interested in men my ass!" She laughed, grinning.
"That's what I said!" I laughed along, smiling at her.
"So, what's up?" She asked.
"I want to... Show him that I really do care, and this isn't jsut some one time thing" I explained, taking small pauses.  "I just don't know how."
"Have you tried flirting suggestively?" she asked. I raised an eyebrow.
"Depends what you mean by 'flirt suggestively'" I replied.
"Well, let's say I'm Joe," she said, grinning. "Just go with what comes naturally ok?" I nodded to her. "Hey, Izazya!" she said in her best guys voice. I found it hard to keep a straight face.
"Hey, Joe, looking good." I grinned. She nodded in acceptance.
"Pretty good, you?"
"Well, I'm a lot better now you're here." I said softly, moving closer, as I would with Joe. I saw her grin, I was obviously doing something right. But that's when I heard it; his voice. Pained. I could hear every emotion going through his head in just three words. Betrayal, pain, anger, sadness, broken-hearted, insecurity.
"You fucking bastard!" he screamed from behind me. I turned to look at him, emerging from the trees.
"You fucking bastard!" he repeated.
"Jo-"
"Don't you dare try and make up for this Izazya!" he yelled.
"But Joe, hear me out, please!"
"Why should I?! I trusted you Izazya!" 
"Joe please! It was for a good cause!"
"What, getting a good fuck in the middle of nowhere?!" he screamed at me.
"No, Joe! I lo-"
"Save your crap for someone who'll listen Izazya." He said coldly, tears running down his face, he began to walk off. I ran to his side, grabbing his arm.
"Joe, please!" I whispered desperately. He looked at me, and I saw the pain in his eyes.
"Why should I, Izazya? Why?!" Joe asked.
"I was asking her to-"
"Fuck you?"
"No, I wanted advice on-"
"How to not give away your little game?"
"On how to win you over, and show you I meant everything I've ever said!" I yelled, getting frustrated. There was silence for a few seconds.
"Well, you did an awful good job." Joe said, pulling his arm away and running off into the forest.
"Joe!"
"Fuck you, Izazya!" he yelled back, and soon he was out of site. His friends stood beside me.
"We'd best go explain what was going on..." Jared mumbled. I nodded, swallowing heavily, tears spilling down my face. His friends ran off in the direction he had gone. I turned to Brit.
"You." I growled. She looked at me.
"What about me?" She asked simply, in an innocent voice.
"You knew he was there." I growled again. She shrugged.
"I had to do something about him, didn't I?" She said with a smirk.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Couldn't have you running off with someone that hot." She explained. I widened my eyes.
"Get out. Of my sight!" I yelled. I saw her raise an eyebrow. I pointed to the trees. "Now."
"You wouldn't." She hissed.
"Oh, he would." Kelsey joined from behind her. Britney looked at her.
"You're kicking your best friend out?!" Brit yelled.
"You hurt my brother, massively." Kelsey said angrily. "You're no friend of mine." And with that, Brit stalked off into the forest, cursing whilst she went. As soon as she was gone, I collapsed to the ground, in tears. Kelsey sat behind me, rubbing my back comfortingly.
"K-Kels," I stammered, "I... I can't-" I couldn't finish my sentence.
"Don't worry, it'll be fine, shh, calm down" she said soothingly.
"I-I can't!" I cried, falling forwards, pounding the ground with my fist. "I can't live without him."
"We'll get him back, don't worry, Izazya," Kelsey whispered. "I can see he's your world, we aren't going to give up that easily." I looked at her, managing a watery smile. This is why I loved my sister.
"How?" I asked.
"In a way no one ever has." She said, "well, no one I've ever known."