Chapter 6: Teen

Why Do You Hate Me, My Love?

Chapter 6: Teen

Dylan’s P.O.V

I sat out on the front of the porch with Trent, a beer in hand. I took another swig and then sat it down next to where I sat. I then proceeded to stand and stretch out my muscles that were aching from the intense training session we had today.

I felt Trent's gaze on me and turned to see him smirking. I smiled at him and flexed my muscles, posing. A laugh bubbled at Trent's lips and it soon escaped.

"Oh you're so strong Dylan," He imitated the many girls who often said such things. We were both laughing so hard in our drunken state I had to hold on to the rail to steady myself. Trent still sat in his original position but now he clutched his stomach as he laughed heartily.

"And you're so pretty Trent," I teased him. Scowling he stood up discarding his beer.

"And you say that sarcastically," I rolled my eyes at him as he faked a hurt expression.

"But you truly are the most beautiful boy I have ever seen," I told him in a serious tone, causing him to laugh.

"Of course I am," He stumbled a bit as he walked over to my side, stopping when he was so close our sides bumped if we moved slightly.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and began to hum to a random tune that came to mind. We stood like that for what felt like an eternity, until I finally yawned and walked back over to my drink. I downed the remainder of the liquid, and then lazily headed inside with Trent in pursuit.

I blinked a few time as the memory faded away. It had caught me off guard and left me frozen for a few moments more. I shook my head, not quite sure why that had resurfaced at random. I mean, it wasn’t like that night had been any different from the other times we had hung out.

I pushed the confusion out of my mind and put on a dazzling smile for the girl standing in front of me. She was pretty, admittedly, but I wasn’t really interested.

“As lovely as it has been talking to you I have to go,” I watched as her face fell and felt I had to do something to make her feel better “But maybe I’ll see you around,” I added a wink at the end for extra effect and it worked. She smiled and nodded ridiculously fast, that it made me feel dizzy.

I smiled at her one last time and headed off to who knows where. Shoving my hands in my pockets and not looking where I was going, I found myself nearly running right into Trent. I stopped just in time though and looked up at a smirking Trent.

“I’d say you’re one of the only people I know that could blow someone off so well,” He said still smirking.

I smiled even though I wasn’t taking that as a compliment, I knew he hadn’t meant it as an insult either.

“So we haven’t talked since setting up for your totally overdone room for Sarah,” I laughed. He really had gone full out. We had cleaned up his room so that it was practically spotless, which was a big feat since it was normally a pigsty with clothes and rubbish everywhere.

Then we had cleaned his sheets and blankets, made his bed and he had even gone as far as covering it with rose petals.

I wasn’t sure on any of the other romantic details of the night though and truthfully, I didn’t really want to know them. I think I might be sick if I heard all the cheesy, clichéd things Trent had surely done, knowing him.

Trent’s smile faltered, but only slightly, so slightly that if I hadn’t been watching him closely I wouldn’t have noticed. Though now he smiled at me radiating happiness, a happiness that would leave anyone without a doubt that he was alright. I stared at him for a long moment, wondering if I was just over analyzing things. I mean why wouldn’t Trent be alright?

“Yeah thanks again man, about that,” He laughed richly and scratched the back of his neck in that sheepish way that he always did.

“It’s alright,” I drawled out lazily, smiling happily at him.  

“Better get to class, you know you’re already walking on thin ice,” He told me sternly, with a hint of amusement in his eyes. Rolling my eyes at his sudden responsibility, I complied and followed him off to our history class.

We walked into the classroom and not many people even looked up. The teacher looked at us with disapproval, but didn’t bother any disciplinary action. This had happened too many times for them to really think detention, or a trip to the principal’s office would really do anything to make us start coming on time.

“Sit down,” The teacher called shrilly and pointed to two different seats as far apart as possible. I nearly laughed at her attempt at showing some authority by splitting us up, instead I settled with a sly smile in Trent’s direction, and then sat down at one of the seats.

I shut my eyes and tried to fall asleep at the table where me and my friends all sat and ate our lunch normally. Josh was here today, which I smiled at. He had taken my advice and was ignoring Ethan. It may sound harsh but I knew how my brother’s mind worked. This would probably seem to not affect him at first, but then it would begin to eat him up inside.

Like usual, he was the one who was laughing the loudest and smiling the brightest, but the smile didn’t quite reach his eyes, and I could see the longing he had in them in every flicker of his eyes in Ethan’s direction.

Ethan sat on the ground looking just the same as usual, like he hated everything and everyone around him. Josh’s sisters both sat with him, one lying down next to Ethan contently, and the other chattering away mindlessly.

I looked away from him and turned back to my group just as Sarah seemed to be coming to a revelation.

"I figured out why they call them teenagers. Cause thirTEEN and fourTEEN and fifTEEN all end in ‘teen’” She nodded to herself proudly. I stared, blinking blankly. A lot of the time with Sarah you weren’t quite sure whether she was joking or was seriously that stupid, but from the look of pride on her face she was serious right now.

I kind of wanted to shoot myself in the head after hearing that. Trent looked at her uneasily, and everyone else seemed to be holding their tongues, except Luke who glanced at me and smiled whispering “She wasn’t just dropped on her head at birth, she was smashed against a brick wall or something,” I barely held in my chuckle by biting the inside of my cheek. Luke saw this and smiled.

Trent laughed and Sarah laughed as well but she wasn’t sure what was so funny, I used this as an excuse for my own laughter to tumble out and soon everyone was laughing.

Yeah, she’s definitely the stupidest person I have ever met, but if Trent loved her I guess I would just have to continue to put up with her extreme idiocy and hope a low IQ wasn’t something you could catch.

[...]

Hey guys, long time no see.

Yeah, so sorry about that, I have just been so busy. Also sorry that this isn't very long and it didn't have any Ethan or Josh in it. I quite like Dylan though, and Trent. I think they're cute. 

Hopefully I can upload soon. And thank you to everyone for the fans, votes and for adding my story to your library. You're all amazing! <3

Till next time, adios.