Chapter 4: Dylan

Why Do You Hate Me, My Love

Chapter 4: Dylan

Dylan's P.O.V

I strolled with an air of confidence down the hallway, ignoring any looks I was given. Our school wasn't some movie where as one of the jocks walk by everyone stops and stares, and looks at them with envious or awe filled looks. No, just many people going about their own business, not taking much notice of me for my title. It was my confidence that people were drawn to look at. My walk that suggested I believed I owned the place. The laid back smile that made its way on my face. That's what people would look at.

I turned a corner and saw a group of my friends, so I walked up and slapped a few of them on the back and greeted them.

Trent smiled at me from where he was standing, an arm wrapped around his girlfriend, Sarah. In truth, she was the most annoying, ditzy girl I had ever met, but I, and the rest of the team, put up with her for Trent's sake. It was hard to hate her, though, because she wasn't mean, just really stupid.

Trent let his arm drop from Sarah's side, and as she protested, he planted a short kiss on her cheek and whispered in her ear. She smiled, nodding foolishly, then walked off down the hall without so much as a goodbye to any of us.

"Hey, we need to talk," Trent told me, gesturing me to walk with him.

I had never really had a best friend, but out of all my good friends, Trent would come closest to it.

"What's up?" I asked curiously as we walked aimlessly down the corridor.

"We need to discuss our game plan, but that can wait. Tonight's the night." He said looking at me intently, studying my reaction.

I knew at a moment like this, someone like my brother Ethan would come up with some sarcastic reply, because Trent was being vague and I had no idea what tonight was, or what he was implying.

But all the sarcasm in our family was used on Ethan and I just didn't have the capacity or mind for it, so I simply stared blankly back at him.

Trent chuckled and rolled his eyes "For me and Sarah," He elaborated. "I'm going to need your help," My eyes widened in understanding, but then I was confused again.

"Umm, man I don't think I can really help you with that… I mean I know it will be your first time and all.. but can't you watch a video or something… I don't want to explain it.." Trent looked at me in horror and covered his ears.

"Jeez. Just shut up! That is not what I meant!" He hissed at me "I just wanted your help preparing my room so it's special!" I blushed in embarrassment and coughed awkwardly.

"Oh well I can do that…"

Trent burst out laughing and I growled angrily at him.

"I can't believe you thought I meant that," He clutched his stomach as another fit of laughter tumbled from his lips.

"Shut up," I glared at him and he ceased laughing, but a smile was still on his lips as he looked at me with amusement.

"So you'll help?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course. And congrats," I put my hand up for a high five, but Trent ignored my hand. He sighed and looked at my with disappointment. What did I do?

"Thanks, I'll talk to you at lunch," He walked off and I ran a hand through my hair. What the hell? Things were fine then he's suddenly upset. Bi-polar much.

I sighed and headed off in the opposite direction.

To my amusement, I saw Ethan speedily walking down the hall in my direction with a laughing Josh right behind him. Ethan looked back and scowled at Josh in irritation, and then his scowl seemed to grow as he looked at me.