Chapter 2: Twenty Questions

Why Do You Hate Me, My Love?

Chapter 2: Twenty Questions.

Josh's P.O.V

I love the fireworks! The bright colours and the noise of the explosions got my blood pumping. But I guess it didn't take much to make me eager to move around, seeing as I had ADHD.

Still I never let that get me down. I ran a hand through my hair looking around for my friends, we were suppose to meet around here to watch the fireworks then go to a party afterward.

 The cool air was refreshing as it brushed gently across my naked chest. I wasn't really sure who's idea it was to not wear our shirts, but apparently it attracted girls.

I was more worried I'd look arrogant, like I was in love with my own body. 

"Yo Josh," Peter, my best friend called to me, signalling me over to a group of our friends. Happily I walked over to them and greeted them all with a big smile and a cheery 'Happy New Year'.

"Let's go guys it's about to start," Luke informed us, jogging over to join us. 

We all walked to our favourite spot and watched the sky in anticipation. Blue fireworks exploded into the sky and we all cheered as more of different colours followed.

It was just as fun as I had remembered and the ending was the best I had seen yet. We all cheered Happy New Year along with everyone else there. 

It was mostly families with young children, and people who weren't allowed to go to the midnight show. 

My blood was pumping fast and I was beginning to fidget like crazy. I needed to do some sort of exercise. Peter was looking at me with worry in his brown eyes.

"I think I might go for a run to get some energy out. I'll catch up with you guys soon," They all nodded understandingly.

They were great friends, even if they could be ignorant jerks at times.

All of them understood what I could get like and still they supported me. 

I started off at a run, pushing myself to pick up the pace. The wind was blowing through my hair and I felt free. 

So lost in the movement of my run, I felt myself collide with a small soft body. I think my heart stopped beating for a second then kicked up again at twice the pace as I looked down at who I had landed on.

He peeked out from behind the book showing the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I have ever seen behind thick rimmed black glasses.

His black hair fell in front of one of his eyes and he looked quite shocked, then annoyed as he gazed up at me.

I probably looked like a fool with my mouth open, not able to move or speak.

"Uh dude. As much as I love you just lying on me and cutting of my air supply, do you mind getting your testosterone and ego filled body off me?" I blushed feeling idiotic, and too mesmerised by him to take notice of his insult. I jumped up and pulled him up with me.

"Sorry," I apologised and smiled at him, but my smile nearly faltered as he continued to look at me with annoyance in those big blue eyes.

"You don't look very impressed by the fireworks," Most of the people around were smiling happily as they left, but he just looked irritated by everything and everyone.

"They get old after coming here every year," I had never seen him before, and I had been here every single year, and he wasn't the type of person I think I would overlook.