Chapter 5: Interesting Shopping Trips

Why Do You Hate Me, My Love?

Chapter 5: Interesting Shopping Trips

I gritted my teeth and pushed the trolley on idly as Markus and Lila ran around giggling like maniacs and secretly slipping stuff into the pile of shopping that filled the trolley I gripped tightly onto. Markus would sneakily drop a bag of lollies in then shush me, running off laughing and drawing the eyes of all the peaceful shoppers. He's not exactly one known for stealth.

Mum walked over to the trolley and sighed, sucking in her teeth and rolling in her eyes.

"They'll never learn," She laughed and fished the bag out, placing it back onto its rightful hook. I let a small smile slip onto my lips as mum ran after them like a little rocket as Lila and Markus harassed a poor gentleman who was trying to leave the aisle.

Markus was demanding he tell him the secret password, which always happened to be 'Markus is the most awesomest ever'. He's so predictable.

The man coughed awkwardly but seemed to take it in good heart as my mum wrenched Markus out of the way and apologised profusely.

How embarrassing. I wonder what it's like to go to the shops when you have a normal family? Maybe it's actually enjoyable, with nobody staring at you strangely, or giving you nasty looks.

But no, that's just not possible is it?

"Honey, could you get us some more cereal?" Mum called to me, her voice strained as she held firmly onto to Markus' arm. I nodded at her and shot her a sympathetic smile, pushing the trolley to the cereal aisle.

I stamped my foot like a petulant little child as I scanned the shelves of cereals for one I liked.

All they have are ones filled with sugar that would make Markus and Lila go psycho. And all the ones that aren't filled with sugar are bland and horrible to eat. Why can't they just make like the ultimate cereal, that tasted great but wouldn't rot my teeth and turn all the kids around the world into hyper little brats?

Finally, I decided on wheat-bix, grasping the box that sat on the highest shelf, clutching it to my chest.

"Hey sweetie," I heard a familiar voice greet me as arms encircled my waist. Shrieking I dropped the box of cereal, my natural instincts kicking, and began to scream fire at the top of my lungs.

"FIRE! FIRE! FIREEEEEE-" A hand clamped over my mouth and I heard a chuckle that could only belong to Josh.

"What the hell! You don't sneak up on people like that!" I spun around to face him, and yelled at him, far from caring about all the people staring at me like I was crazy.

"I thought it would be romantic," He mumbled, blushing, barely able to look me in the eye.

I bit the inside of my cheek to restrain myself from bursting out in laughter. The things this boy had me feeling, its far too dangerous for my heart.

"Why would you be trying to be romantic? We're not going out!" I glared at him, but there was nearly as much hatred in my eyes as I normally had when I was glaring at people.

He looked up at me with amused eyes "I thought you would understand know," He chuckled pulling me into a tight hug. I squirmed uncomfortably, trying to escape him, but it only made him hold on tighter.

I succumbed and stopped struggling, but as I felt his smirk as he pressed his face into the crook of my neck, the hair on the back on my neck stood up. Like we were being watched.

"What the hell are you doing Josh?" A deep, confused voice asked. Josh looked up calmly at the anonymous person.

"Peter, this is Ethan, Ethan this is Peter, my best friend," Josh spun me to face the boy who had spoken. He stood about as tall as Josh, with the same broad shoulders. His dirty blonde hair fell neatly just above his eyes. His expression was one of shock and confusion.