Giving Up

**********************************************************************************************************

*** HINT ***

Play the video as you read.

It really helps to impart the message of not only the song, but of my story line as well.

ENJOY!

(Don't forget to grab a hankie or two)

**********************************************************************************************************

 Chapter 13

I didn't know how long I remained locked away like some dirty little secret, but it seemed like weeks. In a constant drug induced haze, I felt rather than saw Doctor Drool steal in and out of my eternal prison – cloaked in darkness like a thief in the night.

Feeling so small and all alone, my thoughts drifted to Thomas. I had to learn to swallow my pride in order to realize that he was the greatest thing that had ever happened to me. I shivered as I recalled his words. If you promise to wait for me, I will be the one who loves you until the end of time.

What he'd failed to mention was how long I had to wait.

If given a choice, I knew I would've followed him anywhere. All he had to do was ask. Instead, he ended up letting me go and now I was in trouble over my head. Once again I needed rescuing, but this time he was nowhere to be found.

Lying here filled with an unbearable emptiness, I didn't understand why Thomas couldn't get to me. Especially after I'd promised to be his when he asked me to.  More than anything, I wanted him to swoop in and carry me away, but I guess that only happened in movies.

The cold, hard reality of my situation stared me plain in the face. I was only just learning to love, but I had to tell him goodbye. Especially when I felt myself giving up on him.