15: Reconciliation

Fifteen. Reconciliation

It took me a while to process Arnold's confession. We're both in a situation where we should let each other go because we deceived each other, hurt each other, and betrayed each other. Yet, here we are in an embrace while figuring out what we should do.

I have a lot of questions. All along I thought that our meet cute was a coincidence. When I learned that it was part of a plan, I felt used. I should be angry with Arnold, Dylan, Uncle Romy and the whole Ponteverde clan for being a part of this. But I can't.

All I know is that these fucking feelings still wants and loves him. Despite everything. I am still willing to give him another chance if he would take me back. However, I know what I've done. I know that I've hurt him and being manipulated by Brenth was not an excuse. I took part in it too and he couldn't do anything if I didn't let him.

Hero's right after all. Brenth and I were both manipulative and I'm trying to use that excuse to keep Arnold even if I know that he shouldn't take me back.

***

When Arnold and I have settled down, we decided to prepare lunch together to sort of have one final bow to our usual routine. When lunch was over, we sat by the living room together and talked again.

"Does Dylan know everything?" I asked.

"He knows that we are co-leasing the Two-Storey but he doesn't know that Timmy and Brenth came back. For some reason, he became very busy with his life and we haven't talked since then."

"So he doesn't know that we're together?" I wondered.

"Nope. When we decided to keep things private, I took it upon myself not to share it with him because I've already done what he has asked of me. My feelings for you are none of his concern. He might have been the reason why I found you again but I don't owe him any explanation about my decisions in life." Arnold said.

"Aren't you really breaking up with me after everything that I've done to you?" I asked.

"No. Brenth has gotten into me. He pointed out the obvious. I am your rebound but I'm not just like any other rebound."

"You're definitely not a rebound. It must have seemed that way, but I just happened to like you a lot. You were always there even if you shouldn't really be a part of my life. Now, I realized why you went through all of this with me. Because of Dylan and because you wanted to keep your promise to him. If only we could hit the restart button and make a do over of all this, I would have probably taken a chance on you sooner."

"Then, take a chance on me. Don't break up with me and fight for me. Fight for our relationship." He said as he knelt in front of me.

"I want to fight for you and this relationship but I don't want to hurt you any more."

"You're only gonna hurt me more if you break up with me. Don't let them take control of our relationship."

***

Arnold and I have decided to continue our relationship despite everything that we've been through with Brenth and Dylan. I'm just glad that Arnold stuck with me regardless of how much I have hurt him. I know that it's selfish of me to still stay in this relationship after cheating on him. That one of the reasons I didn't persuade him to break up with me was because I couldn't handle another heartbreak after my relationship with Timmy.

He probably didn't want me to experience the same hurt and brokenness that he has witnessed when Timmy got married. Or that he'd rather hurt himself and give me another chance because he loves me that much.

Being honest with him about what I've been through with Brenth and telling him what Brenth is capable of worried me more than comforted me.

I have always been cautious 'though. Being complacent can only take us somewhere. I still feel wary about Arnold's safety in all this. However, I know that Arnold can protect himself. Being in a serious relationship with him gave me a sense of comfort and security. I felt the happiest when I am with him and for now, that's all that matters.

Somehow it made me feel better because I know that I can be honest with him and he wouldn't judge me for it. However, learning about Dylan's involvement in all this didn't sit well with me. Dylan made me believe that he didn't want anything to do with me anymore. I don't know how to process the information about asking Arnold to take care of me while he was gone. It doesn't add up.

I'm just glad that he's already happy with wherever he is right now. So, Arnold and I could be happy in our own relationship too.

That's what I thought.