thirty-two

"That pizza place owes us big time!" Benny stated, as he, Lily, and Ethan stood by the lockers.

"Forget it Benny,"

"We were stood up, E, now I have a gaping, pizza sized hole right here," Benny said, pointing to his stomach.

"You guys hooked up for the Fly Off to The Moon dance yet?" Rory asked, joining them, "Know any honeys with a hot sister, or a smoking second cousin?"

Benny put his arm around Lily, "Well, I think it's obvious who I'm going with," he looked down at her and smiled, when Lily didn't smile back, he furrowed his eyebrows, "Hey, you okay?"

Lily woke up from her daydream, "What? Oh yeah, I'm fine," she said, although, she couldn't get the letter off her mind. She knew she would have to tell Benny about it at some point, but she didn't know what to say.

Rory rolled his eyes and walked off, whilst Benny's eyes lit up, "You should ask Sarah,"

"Yeah, that's a good idea," she said, looking up at Ethan, she decided to forget about telling Benny at the moment, but she would have to tell him later.

Ethan became slightly awkward, and walked off, "What! I did the math, you've got like a 1 in 2173% chance she'll say yes!" Benny called after him, whilst Lily chuckled.

"You're such a great friend," she remarked.

Benny grinned, "I know right," he then looked down at her again, his face serious, "Hey, are you sure you're okay? You've been really quiet since the night Sarah got possessed,"

"Um, it's not important, I'll tell you about it later," she replied, Benny shrugged, decided not to nag her, and they both walked towards Ethan.

"Well, hello Sarah," Benny said, as the three of them approached Sarah and Erica, "You guys going to the dance tomorrow?"

"Not with you dorks," Erica remarked, "I'm off to the zoo, it's feeding time," she walked away from them before turning around and asking, "Are pandas still endangered?"

"Yes," The group answered.

"Bummer," she said, walking off.

"So, are you three off to some, wild after school dorkathon?" Sarah asked, chuckling slightly.

Benny nodded, whilst Ethan scoffed, "No, for your information we are...yeah, chess club,"

"Laser chess," Benny corrected, "And we gotta go before all the good lasers are taken,"

"Actually, I won't be able to make it tonight," Lily told the boys.

"What? You always come to laser chess," Benny questioned.

Lily shrugged, looking at the floor, "I have some things to sort out,"

"Okay well, Sarah, you can come if you want," Ethan said, shrugging.

"I'm not that desperate," Sarah stated, "Besides, I have to study,"

"Study for what? Vampire history?"

"I've missed so much class Mr G says I'll fail the whole semester unless I pass the make-up tests on Monday, have fun at your club," she sighed, leaving them.

"Man, she's gotta relax, count Dracula never had a degree, and he owned a castle!" Benny remarked, causing Ethan to roll his eyes.

As Ethan walked off, Benny turned to Lily, "Are you sure you don't wanna come?"

"No, I've got some things to do," Lily stated, before saying bye and catching up to Sarah.

She decided that Sarah was most likely the best person to help her with this, so she wanted to talk to her before talking to Benny.