• 14 •

"What?"

NO! No no no no no no! I can't have a brain tumor! I-I still have to forgive Naruto, kiss Naruto, date Naruto, marry Naruto, and have kids with Naruto! I've only been a cop for about 2 years! I can't die before all these things happen!

"N-Naruto.....how long?"

"H-huh?"

"How long long before I die?' I asked in a montone voice. I stared straight at the wall in front of me. I didn't care at this point, so I just let the tears fall.

"Princess listen, there is no way in this corrupt world that I will let you die." He replied.

"HOW LONG BEFORE I DIE NARUTO!?!?" I screamed at him. His deep cerulean blue eyes stared straight into my uncontrollably crying lavender eyes.

"HINATA YOUR NOT GOING TO DIE!! I WON'T LET IT HAPPEN!"He screamed back at me.

I tore my gaze away from his, I looked around and realized that we had woke up our friends.

"Kitttyyyy!!" Ino and Sakura screamed together before tackling me in a hug. I felt my shoulders begin to get wet from their tears.

They backed off, and I looked at Neji. He looked terrible, worse than Naruto did.

"N-Neji....I promise. I-I promise I won't leave you like the others did. I'm going to fight for my life."

"Tell me how your going to save your own life within 6 months?" He asked with tears filling his eyes.

"6 m-months? I have 6 months to live?" I asked shakily.

"It's not certain Kitty, but that's what the doctor has said as of right now," Sakura answered.

"Hey! But at least it's not a cancerous tumor...right?" Shion said trying to lift the mood a little bit. It even looked like she had been crying.

The doctor walked in before I could say anything back. She was a small older lady that looked like she had years of experience.

"Ms. Hyuga, I am Doctor Chiyo. I hate to say this but since your awake now your friends are limited to certain visiting hours," She turned to my friends. "The hours you are allowed to be here are 6 in the morning to 11 at night. I will make an exception for tonight since it is already 11:39."

"Thanks Doctor," Naruto told her.

"Don't mention it. I just need to borrow Hinata to run some last minute tests and to inform her of some things. So if you don't mind, can you get out of bed for me darling." Doctor Chiyo replied.

"And if it makes you more comfortable you can bring someone close along. We're just going to go down the hall and do some scans." She explained to me.

I looked at Neji and he was staring at his feet like he didn't want to go with me. The next closest person to me would, as much as I hate to say it, be Naruto.

I looked at Naruto and he had a sad but caring look in his eyes.

"C'mon you crybaby, let's go do some scans." I gave a fake smile to Naruto. 

I got out of bed and grabbed Naruto's hand. We left the hospital room and followed the doctor down the hall.

We got to a room with a bunch of weird equipment. I sat down and Naruto sat down beside me still holding my hand.

Doctor Chiyo ran some tests on my head as well as my blood. Once all the tests were completed, the doctor explained somethings to us.

"First things first. Mr. Uzumaki, are you part of her family?" Chiyo asked.

"Um no ma'am." Naruto replied and I swear I could here a little bit of disappointment in his voice.

"Alrighty then. Ms. Hyuga, since he isn't family would you still like him knowing this information?" She asked me.

"Yes, I fully trust him."

"You both understand that none of this information can be shared with anyone outside of this room."

"Yes ma'am." We said together.

"Well Ms. Hyuga would you like good or bad news first?"

"Uhh, I guess I'll take good?"

"Very well then. The mass we have found in your brain is in fact a brain tumor, but it is one of the more milder types and it isn't cancerous. Bad news is that, while the tumor isn't cancerous, there still is a chance for you to not make it. We do have the option for surgery, but the success rate is only at 30%," Doctor Chiyo explained.

"Ok Doc, how long do I have approximately, and will the surgery prolong my life even more if I choose to do it?" I asked.

"As of right now, you have approximately a year give or take a few months. If you were to decide to go with the surgery, it would save your life but aftershocks of the tumor will be left behind. Say this tumor affects your speech, surgery wouldn't be able to help that." She replied.

"You told us the success rate of the surgery, but what is the survival rate?" Naruto asked.

"She would have 25% chance of survival," Chiyo said. "I don't need your answer right away. But if you are interested in the surgery I need to know by the day after tomorrow."

"Thank you Doctor." I said.

"That's what I'm here for Ms. Hyuga. Now go back to your room and get a good nights rest." Doctor Chiyo told me before leaving.

I sighed and closed my eyes before standing up. Naruto followed my lead and grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

"So Princess, what are you thinking about doing?" He asked shakily as we walked back to my room.

I opened my eyes and tears started to come out. "Surgery."

"Surgery huh...promise me one thing Princess," He paused. "Don't die on me, ya' here?"

"I won't, believe it!" I replied.

"Hey! That's my catchphrase!" He pouted. I looked over at him and he had his cheeks puffed out, but just like me he was crying.

"Naruto don't cry. I'll make it through just fine. You know why?" I said.

"Why?"

"Because I have you. As long your in my life, I'll never give up. B-because I love you. I love you Naruto Uzumaki!" I said as I flashed him my biggest smile.