Chapter 3

My point of view

****

So I woke up to the regular alarm sound. I went to my regular routine getting ready. I didn't see Hannah when I woke up I was a little confused since she always sleeps in. Whywas she up so early?

The front door unlocks. Hannah walks in with a bunch of grocery bags making clashing glass noises. "Happy birthday!" She tells me.

"Thanks Hann" I told rubbing my eye.

"What were you doing guhhh?"I tried to joke.

"oh, you know just a little shopping"

"What'd you get?"Hannah ignored me set the bags in the fridge and walked in to her room .I looked in the fridge because I got curious. Of course alcohol.

"I'm not gonna drink." I yelled. "how'd you even get these?"

"Yes you are, and don't worry about it" I heard her yell softly through the closed door. Hannah is funny. If she thinks I'm gonna get wasted or anything like that she's crazy. I went to brushing my teeth, and put on some regular old house clothes.

Hannah started to open her door to come talk to me. "And today is actually really convenient that you don't have school. So I can just take the day............off" at that moment Hannah looked at me up and down. "Are you serious right now Ally? You are wearing that on your birthday?"

I shrugged, I didn't care.

"So you'll be wearing this" she laid a black baggy crop and a grey pencil shirt over my bed. She went into my closet and got out my bright purple heels.

"Those are my special occasion heels!"I whimpered.

"Just go do your makeup....and do dramatic liner today, we are going out". Obviously there was no stop to this. So I stopped rejecting and went along. I walked to the bathroom to do my makeup and looked in the mirror.

Today was August 28, 2015. I am now 18 years old. Maybe I do deserve this. My whole life all I've done is overthink school. It's just one day. What could happen?