Chapter Seven- To Be A Vampire

My vision came back in a fuzzy way. As the black dots began going away I saw that I was back in the white room. There was complete silence except for occasional drip. My chest heaved as I looked around. I turned to my left and saw red splattered all over the wall and floor. I turned even more dreading what I might see.

The class clown that liked me was lying on the floor. There was blood all over his neck and partially on his face. His eyes were wide open, but he probably couldn't see anything. He wasn't moving at all.

"Did... Did I do this?" I asked out loud.

Silence.

I grabbed my face in shock. I felt something warm and wet on my cheek. I slowly slid my hand down and looked at it. My hand was covered in a maroon substance, like the one covering the boy.

My knees collapsed under me. I knelt beside his body. I looked at him, wanting to rip my heart out and give it to him so that he could live. I felt one tear drop, then another, and another.

"Miharu," I heard someone call gently.

I looked around, but my vision was blurry with tears.

"Miharu," it called again.

The room was closing in on me. The blood spattered walls were getting closer and closer. The walls and ceiling began to come together.

I was over the boys body and the walls were still coming together. I felt my body being compressed against him. I could no longer breathe. The ceiling was crushing me from above.  I could feel his cold body and blood on me. I felt my last breathe tremble.

I sat up rapidly gasping for air. My face was wet, but with tears rather than blood. I panted loudly as my eyes opened wide.

"Miharu, what's wrong?"

I looked around trying to find the source of the voice. Aidou sat beside me looking worried.

I looked at him, not being able to speak. I felt like I was being strangled by the the feeling of guilt.

He looked at me and handed me a glass filled with a familiar red liquid. I gulped it down in a moment.

I collapsed back into my bed. When I looked I saw that it wasn't my bed. It was queen sized and had a pastel green quilt. The pillows were soft and matched the color of the quilt.

The room was enormous and contained an orange bed on the opposite end. There were two dark brown wardrobes the color of an oak tree.

The walls were a dark blue resembling the ocean. The window was covered up with a blood-red curtain.

I looked back at Aidou. His blue eyes studied me silently, but he said nothing waiting for me to say something.

"I'm turning into a monster," I whispered.

He looked at me in a sympathetic way. His eyes spoke in understanding.

"I know," he said slowly. "We drink blood in order to live. We hurt people, and we enjoy it."

Aidou looked down as though he was conjuring a memory. Then he slowly looked back up at me.

"Why are you crying?" he asked reaching out and wiping away a tear.

"Oh, it was just a dream I had. I'd devoured someone."

The tablets weren't working this time. I needed blood. The thought disgusted me and made me shudder, but I couldn't deny it.

"Aidou, can you gave me some more tablets? The dose wasn't strong enough."

He looked at me confused and then his eyes opened in realization. He stood up and stood next to the bed. Then he leaned over and picked me up effortlessly. He carried me to a corner of the room and set me down.