Chapter Six- Vampires and Treats

I began making a cupcake mix as I thought about everything. Takuma was my brother. I would be changing classes. And I was turning into a vampire.

As I cracked an egg into the flower, sugar, and cocoa I tried to think of all the positives.

I wasn't a loner anymore. I finally had someone that I could call family! Takuma was a sweet guy and very understanding.

If I changed classes I would be closer to Aidou, Shiki, and Takuma! They are all as sweet as chocolate and I loved chocolate!

Turning into a vampire... I didn't really like that idea. The headmaster said it would hurt. I wonder what he meant by that.

Shoot, shoot, shoot! I forgot to preheat the oven!

My mind been wandering. I couldn't even remember to put the oven on. I let out a sigh and looked at the brown mix in front of me.

I think that should be enough for Kaname, Yuuki, Headmaster Cross, Yuri, Takuma, Shiki, Aidou, and of course , me! Chocolate was my weakness and I couldn't give it up.

Once my stainless steel oven finally heated up I placed the 8 soon to be cupcakes inside.

I took out another bowl and began making a raspberry mousse. Then all of a sudden I staggered. My head began pounding and the thirst was back.

No, not again. Shoot where did I put those pills Shiki gave me?

I found them in my night stand and ran to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and dunked some water in. I threw in the pills and waited impatiently for the pills to dissolve.

The thirst seemed worse. Earlier it was literally just a feeling of thirst. Now, it was not only a thirst but it felt like someone had tied a noose around my neck and was pulling it tighter and tighter. I had this lusty feeling to grab someone and drink the life in their veins.

After an "eternity" the pills finally became one with the liquid. I gulped it down and felt all these strange feelings that made me feel guilty died down.

It really was beginning, this phase, er, new form seemed like a better word for it.

I shook my head and went to the mousse I was preparing. By the time I finished it the oven signalled that the cupcakes were ready to be retrieved. I put the mousse in the fridge and took the cupcakes out to cool.

A sudden realization occurred to me. I wouldn't have to give Hanabusa the note Takuma made me write. I laughed out loud and thought about tomorrow. I looked at the clock and it told me that tomorrow was actually today which meant that in a few hours I would see Aidou again! The thought off seeing Aidou made me nervous. He was so perfect.

I took yet  another bowl out and began making frosting for the cupcakes.  I put in powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract and milk. Then after I had mixed my ingredients I put in red food coloring.

I took the cupcakes out of the muffin tin and set them out in the table. Then, one by one I put some of the raspberry mousse inside the fluffy dessert. Finally, I began swirling the frosting around. I topped it with a few white sprinkles and set a strawberry on top.

I admired my treats for a moment and began to gently place then inside some small boxes. After I had placed all eight cupcakes in the boxes I closed the tops and put different colored bows on top.

It was five in the morning by the time I finished all of them. The looked absolutely perfect!

I went to the bathroom and looked at my reflection. I looked terrible. My hair, which had been tied up was now frizzy.  I grabbed my brush and I began to comb my hair. After a bit, it was finally down to its original size. I applied some chap stick to my lips and smacked them together. I changed into my uniform