Chapter 8

When Tam and I arrived at Everglen for the sleepover, Dex was already there and chatting with Biana. He said something that made her laugh, and I smiled at the pair. I had always thought they would make a good couple. Linh was already here as well, chatting with Fitz. Keefe was off to the side, and he scowled when he noticed Tam and I's intertwined hands. 

Somebody likes Linh.  I transmitted to Fitz teasingly, and I could see him blush from here. 

She's nice and she's pretty. He protested, but he didn't deny it. 

You two would be cute together. 

You and Tam ARE cute together. Keefe's just jealous. 

And still bitter about Tam and his reading. 

Tam was right, when he said that people who refused to get read hid something. 

Yeah. But he was the one who started the mistrust anyways, when he refused to. It didn't help that he betrayed us soon after. Tam's shadow was extended so it was reaching Keefe, and I could see they were having a mental conversation. I smirked and extended my shadow to Linh, before speaking. 

Hey Linh. I whispered through the shadow. 

What?  She replied, raising her eyebrows at me. 

Fitz likes you. 

Well I like him.

No like has a crush on you.

Well I have a crush on him too?

Can I tell him so he actually makes a move on you? 

Sure I guess. 

YO FITZ  I transmitted to my cognate. 

Yes?  He replied. 

Linh likes you back!

you told her didn't you.

Yup

So I'm guessing you want me to do something about it now.

Duh

fine. He turned towards Linh and grabbed her hand, and she blushed as he asked her a question quietly. She nodded, and they both grinning. Tam and Keefe seemed to be done chatting, and Keefe was no longer scowling. 

"What do you guys want to do?" I said, breaking the silence. 

"Truth or dare!" Biana said, not giving us a choice in the decision. I sighed and we sat in a circle. 

"Tam! Truth or dare?" Biana said, looking at Tam with a mischievous glint in her teal eyes. 

"Dare." He said, shrugging. 

"I dare you to......let me do a make over on you." She declared.

"But I thought you only did make overs for girls." He protested, crossing his arms and shaking his head. 

"That's why Keefe is going to help me." She said smirking. 

"What if you do me and Keefe does Tam?" I blurted, surprised by what I said. Everybody's eyes turned towards me and I gave them a lopsided grin.

"Saving you from Biana." I said, winking at Tam.

"And leaving me alone with Keefe." Tam grumbled, but I could tell he was joking. 

"Hey!" Keefe said, putting a hand over his heart in mock offense. 

"We'll be back!" Biana sang, grabbing my hand and pulling me up to her room.