Matthew Espinosa---Take Your Shot It Might Be Scary

Imagine that you are at a party with your friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/N come on!" Y/B/F/N calls.

You were sitting in the car. You didn't even want to come to this party, but you lost a bet with your friends. In return they were making you come to a party with them. You had never been to a high school party before, but you had heard about all the bad stuff that goes on at one.

You let out a big sigh, and walk over to where your friends were waiting for you. You stop right in front of the open door that leads into the house.

Music pounds in your eardrums, you see people carrying red cups filled to the brim with alcohol, and couples making out like they are the only two people in the large crowded living room. I don't want to be here.

You turn around and try to walk back to the car, but your friends windup pushing you into the house despite the fact that you were resisting them with all your strength. "Oh no you don't. You lost the bet. We don't care if you sit on a chair by yourself the whole time, but you have to stay in the house until we leave," Y/B/F/N says.

When you finally enter the house the smell of alcohol fills your head causing you to cough. A few people give you strange looks as if to, rudely, ask you to stop coughing.

As soon as you are able to recover from your coughing fit you look around for your friends, but you can't find them anywhere. Great, I haven't even been here for two minutes, and my friends have already ditched me. If I hadn't lost that bet, or promised that I'd stay sober and drive everyone home I would leave their sorry asses here.

You suddenly realize that you have been awkwardly standing, alone, in one place lost in thought. And now I look like a doofus.

You scan the room for an empty chair or sofa. You finally spot an unoccupied sofa in the corner of the living room. As you make your way over to it a couple sits down on the sofa, and start to make out. Really? Is there no where else you two could have gone? You walk around hoping to find somewhere else to wait for this miserable hell to end.

All of a sudden you get a feeling that your being watched. You turn your head slightly to the side, and subtlety try to find out who's looking at you. You see that a cute boy with dirty-blonde hair is checking you out.

Your cheeks grow flushed, and you start to mess with your hair trying to fix it. A habit of yours for when ever you get nervous.

The random boy walks over to you. "Hey," he says shyly. "Hi," you reply. You both stand there awkwardly looking at the ground. The boy is shuffling from one foot to the other nervously.

"I'm Matthew," he finally says looking up from the ground and into your eyes. You notice that his eyes are a beautiful shade of hazel. "Y/N," you reply looking back at the ground.

Why is a boy as hot as him talking to an ordinary girl like me? You start to grow more nervous then before, and run your fingers through your hair again.

"Well Y/N, care to dance?" Matthew asks. You look up at him, and notice that he is bowing and has his hand extended towards you. He's acting like a prince charming wearing a beanie and vans. You giggle at his gesture, and take his hand giving a little curtsy.

Matthew pulls you into the crowd of people dancing. A fast beat song is playing, and both of you start to dance together. You know that you're making a fool of yourself because you don't know how to dance, but you can't help but laugh at some of Matthew's crazy dance moves.

"What? Don't you think I'm a good dancer?" he asks. "Your perfect. I-I mean your dancing is perfect," you stammer.

After awhile a slow song comes on. Couples all around you start to slow dance with each other. Matthew wraps his arms around your waist, and pulls you close to him. You snake your arms around his neck. You two start to sway along to the music.

"Y/N?" Matthew asks in a low whisper that only you can hear. "Hmm?," you hum. "I've seen you around school, a-and I'll even admit that I've stocked your social media accounts," you giggle slightly at his confession, "b-but when I saw you here tonight at this party I knew that I couldn't just keep admiring you from afar. I-I was hoping that you would let me take you on a date sometime. I mean if you would like. You don't have-" Matthew was starting to ramble. "I would love to," you interrupt looking into his hazel eyes. "Great," he replies smiling an award winning smile.

Matthew was blushing fiercely, and you knew that you were too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inspiration: How random Matt can be and the song Life of the party by Shawn Mendes.

Published
February 24 2017