~07~

Kira's POV

It's been about a week since Woody came onto me. At work, I could hardly function because of the consistent thought that would come up about what happened. Today was supposed to be an easy day for work and no stress was supposed to be a part of it. I just wished none of this ever happened.......

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Monday, August 17 (12:30 pm)

"Kira! Hey what's up!" One of my friends asked me at the lunch table during lunch break.

I looked up from my container, which had salad in it, and smiled. "Hmm, not much, Kenzie."

Kenzie looked at me with a confused expression on her face. "Kira, don't lie to me. I know when something's up with my friend. C'mon, you can tell me. It's just you and me in here. Everyone else is in the other break room." She tried reassuring me.

My smile transitioned to a frown as I took a bite of my lettuce and tomatoes. I was still silent for a few seconds until Kenzie kept bugging me.

"Kira, Kira, Kira! I'm begging you, please. I care for you and I want know what's up. So, what's up?" She asked, nudging my arm.

"Okay, alright I'll tell you. So, when me and Keith were over at his friend Woody's house, Woody wanted to talk to me in private about something. Then, we went into his kitchen and he told me he had a crush on me. By the way, he knew that I'm dating Keith, but he didn't give a care in the world. Next, he started kissing me and coming on to me. It was a pretty uncomfortable experience so, that's why it's been bothering me so much for so long. And, I know he never acts like this regularly so, that's also what's been irking me."

After I explained the whole thing, I saw a surprised look on Kenzie's face. "My god! That would bother the hell outta me as well. The only thing I wanna ask though is...is he hot?" A smirk then appeared on her face.

I laughed. Kenzie is your type of girl who's always looking for a guy, no matter who he is, how old he is, how he looks, or where he's from.

"I mean, not to me he's not, but if you meet him one day, of course you'd think so."

"Hey, I'm just wonderin'. You know I'm always up for anyone, haha. Maybe you should introduce me to him one day, you know, once you guys clear the air." She said with a weird chuckle.

"Yeah. To be honest, you guys would actually make a good couple." I said, shaking my head and taking another savory crunch of my salad.

"Really?"

"Of course, girl." I replied, chuckling.

"First thing's first though. I have to know one thing. Does he date white girls?" She asked in a joking tone.

"As a matter of fact, Kenzie, he does. He once told me he likes all races of women. So, you have a 90% chance with him."

"Great!" Her voice cracked a little as her voice rose. She then cleared her throat, toning her voice down. "Ahem, I mean, that's cool. I'll be looking forward to meeting him."

I rolled my eyes, jokingly, and packed away my container in my lunch box.

"Well, enough about me. Let's talk about you, Kira. How's you and Keith's relationship going? Good, bad, great, okay?" She asked with her thick southern accent.

My smile brightened at the thought of Keith. I took a sip of water and then answered her question. "Oh, our relationship is going perfect. No flaws at all, haha. Everyday, I slowly fall in love with him. He's like Prince Charming and I'm his Cinderella."