~01~

"Time to get up! Time to get up!" 

I opened my eyes slowly and lifted my hands to rub them. I sat upright in my bed and realized it was my little brother, Carter, jumping on my bed waking me up. 

I stretched and yawned, just waking up from the most comfortable sleep in my life. "Carter, calm down, okay? Why are you so excited? Quit jumping on my bed." 

My brother immediately stopped jumping and got off my bed and stood up on the floor. He was still pretty excited and I still couldn't understand why. "Kira, Kira!" he exclaimed my name. 

I was still pretty tired and I answered, still rubbing my eyes,"What, Carter? Hurry up and say it!" 

"Today is the day we go to the park and get ice cream! Remember? You told me yesterday that we were going to have a whole day to ourselves before you leave for LA. Little Brother and Big Sister time!" 

My face lit up and I began to laugh,"Oh, haha! Yeah, of course little bro." I made Carter's day and he jumped back on my bed and hugged me, tightly. 

"Thank you, Kira. That's why you're the best sister in the whole wide world!" he exclaimed, cutely. 

________________________________________

A few hours later, I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching tv and looking through Instagram. I already had my clothes on and was ready to go. My little brother was brushing his teeth, getting ready for our day out. Suddenly, I heard footsteps thumping behind me and I turned my head to see who it was. It was my mother. 

"Hey, Kira." she sat beside me and the couch and gave me a big hug. 

"Hi, mom. What's up?" I asked, kissing my mother on the cheek. She let go and gave me a big smile. 

"Oh, nothing, sweetie. I'm just glad you're here. We haven't spent time with you in months ever since you've been working at that studio in LA. We miss you being back here in Sacramento. And it's pretty sad that this is your last day with us before you head out tomorrow." 

I slightly smiled and rested my head on my mom's shoulder. "Mom, I know I haven't been able to come home as much as possible, but, the job at the studio costs me 10 hours a day. Luckily, they gave me this week off. By the way, I know I'm getting off the subject, but how's dad? Has he woken up yet?" 

My mom giggled,"Oh, hehe, no he's still asleep. He's was up all night trying to figure out what was wrong with his laptop. Turns out, there's a virus on there, but he wants to be stubborn and not listen to me. So, I'll just sit back and let him figure out for himself, hehe." 

I giggled as well. Typical dad. He's always stubborn and never listens to anyone or anything but his mind. 

Suddenly, I heard my brother come into the room and sit next to mom. "Hey, mommy, guess what?" he asked, pulling her arm. 

"What is it, honey?" 

"Me and Kira are going to the neighborhood park and after that, we're going to get ice cream. I'm so excited." 

Mom looked down at Carter and pat his head. "Well, I'm glad the both of you will be able to have brother and sister time before she leaves tomorrow." 

"Yeah. We're going to go to the park, get as much ice cream as we want, and wherever else you want to go, I'll take you, Carter." I smiled.

His eyes widened and he became even happier. "Okay. Can we go now?! Please, please?" 

"Haha, sure, little brother. Are you ready?" I asked, getting up from the couch and making my way to the front door. My brother followed me, jumping up and down next to me.