~03~

Kira's POV

The following morning, I woke up and noticed that I fell asleep on the couch. I think Keith put the blanket over me. I could hardly remember what happened since I was asleep.

I lifted my head up and got my whole body up from the couch. I walked into the kitchen to get me some water. Suddenly, I noticed that Keith came into the kitchen.

"Good morning, sleepy head." he stated, giving me a morning hug.

I smiled, hugging him back,"Good morning, Keith. How was your sleep?"

"It was okay. Oh, by the way, Woody facetimed me last night. I got something to tell you."

After I got the water from the fridge, I sat down at the table, and so did he.

"What did Woody say? Is everything okay?" I asked a little concerned.

"Well, yeah, no big deal but, he said that Algee told him last night that he was going to come pick you up and take you out to breakfast. Basically a breakfast date." he explained.

"Oh really? Hmm, that's nice. I'd love to catch some breakfast with him. No big deal." I said, minorly blushing.

Keith's face wasn't too happy looking. He actually looked kinda concerned/jealous. So I decided to ask him what was wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong, Keith? Is somebody jealous?" I asked in a joking tone.

"No, not at all. I just....um..just wanna make sure you're safe with that dude. You never know what might happen." He said, nervously and concerned.

"Oh, nothing's gonna happen between Algee and I. We're just gonna get breakfast, talk, and come back. Look, I've known Algee for a while now and I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me or anything out of the ordinary."

"Well, not as long as we've known each other. I've known you for sixteen years, Kira. Sixteen long years. You've only known him for three years or so." Keith started to get defensive and a little upset.

"Keith, calm down, okay? I'll be fine. Don't worry. You're like a brother to me and I know you're just looking out for me, but, I'm 24 years old. I think I can take care of myself, okay?" I told him nicely, with a smile.

He looked up from the surface of the table and smiled at me.

"Okay then, Kira. You should start getting ready before he comes." he insisted.

I nodded my head and finished my last little bit of water. Then, I got up to get my luggage that was still by the door. I unzipped my toiletries bag and my clothes bag. The outfit I picked out was a Captain America t-shirt, blue jean shorts, and black Converses, then my purse.

After I got all the things I needed, I headed to the guest bathroom so I could take my shower and get myself ready.

While I was taking my shower, I was thinking about my upcoming outing with Algee and how it might turn out. Of course I was hoping for the best but, I just don't want to upset Keith, ya know? I could tell he was kinda upset about it.

Keith is my best friend/crush and I can't lose him. I love him with all my heart.

______________________

After I took my shower, I put on my clothes, brushed my teeth and hair, and put on perfume.

Then, I got out of the bathroom and put my dirty clothes in my travel bag. Keith was sitting in the living room watching "Good Morning, America".