Chapter 3

|Chapter 3|

As Jared and I were walking home, I ran into Thot 'A' And Thot 'B'. They both looked at me and smiled. I silently cursed under my breath as they started coming my way

"Hey girl !" Thot A, spoke to me as I sighed and rolled my eyes at her fakeness.

"What?" I annoyingly said to her as I crossed my arms.

"Damn, we can't just come over and speak to ya?" Thot B intruded into the conversation as I cut my eyes at her and sighed.

"No. Now excuse me, I have somewhere to be". I said trying to walk away, but they refused to let me pass.

"Sienna, there's a party this Friday. You're invited." Thot A, announced as a smile appeared which looked fake to me.

"I don't think so. Um, I have to take care of my little brother." I retorted as I tried once again to walk around them. I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to stop again. "What?" I answered more aggravated than ever.

"Just consider coming. I bet that you'll have so much fucking fun! Maybe you'll even get a lil taste of some dick." Thot B spoke in a supposedly genuine voice, but I took it as an insult. I then heard a miniature shriek before I turned around to see Thot B holding her side as Thot A smiled at me.

"Don't pay Tiff no mind. She was just playin'. Just come through." Thot A spoke with a smile but there was something hiding suspiciously behind it. I just didn't know what. I watched as she pulled out a flyer and handed it to me before she walked away. On the inside, I was contemplating wether I really want to go or not. I mean, it kind of would be nice to get out of the house for once and not be stuck with my little brother and mother. I took one look at the flyer and decided I'd go, but not for long. Jared looked at me with his big eyes.

"Sienna are you really going to go to that party? Tomorrow is pizza day. You can't forget that day."

I smiled at him. "I'd never forget pizza day my little booger. Now come on so we can get in before it gets dark. I don't feel like dealing with those thugs today." The walk home was quiet. Jared walked on the side of me as he looked around noticing different people and waving at everyone he saw. I smiled to myself. Jared was my pride and joy. Sometimes, I felt like he was my own son. We walked the steps up to our apartment. It smelled of pee everywhere. Jared pinched his little nose and shook his head making a funny face. I did the same and laughed. I got out my keys and unlocked the door. We walked inside. I called out my mother's name but got no response. She must be at work. 

I put my bag down on the couch and sat down as Jared did the same. I waited for him to take his homework out so I could help him start on it. I helped him with drawing the arrows on the clock for the first problem. I went into our little kitchen and looked in the refrigerator for something quick for dinner. I really couldn't find anything. Jared and I would just walk to 'American Deli' after we finished our homework. I went back to the couch with Jared and got my textbook and notebook out. I silently read to myself about the Treaty of Paris. After I read the section, I did Cornell notes about it. It was real simple and it only took up about two pages. I know my teacher will give me extra credit for doing notes.

Once I finished with that, I opened my book called Run Away Love: Erica. I loved this book so far. It was amazing. If I was Erica, I know i'd be feeling some type of way. It's a sad story. (A/N: I am actually writing a book called Run Away Love: Erica. I hope y'all check it out.) I finished Chapter 1 and bookmarked it. When Jared finished his homework, I grabbed my purse and made sure I had some money in it. We walked up the street to American Deli. We roamed the streets finding our way toward the Deli. Once we entered inside, the smell of hot oil and chicken hit my nose. I got a 10 piece lemon pepper Teriyaki combo while Jared got a 10 piece lemon pepper. After paying, we looked around and found a table to sit at.

"So how has school been going?" I asked Jared.

"It's cool. There's a new boy, and we're best friends now."

"Is that right? What's his name?"

"His name is Dj!" Jared looked up at me with his big eyes. "He wanted me to ask if I could spend the night at his house." I thought about it. More than likely our mom would be at work tomorrow meaning he'd have to stay with the babysitter. I really wanted to go to this party.

"Ok, but I'd like to speak with someone about you going." Jared ran from across the table. "Thank you Sienna. You're the best big sister ever. I can't wait to tell Dj. I have his number in my back pack. I'll give it to you."

"Order #32" I looked at our receipt to make sure that that was us. I tapped Jared and moved my head in the direction of the food signaling him to go get the food. I watched him and waited at the door. He grabbed the bag from the man and thanked him. He walked over to me, and we started walking home. As soon as we entered the front door, Jared dropped the food at the table and ran to his backpack to get the number. I laughed looking at him and the number. He smiled and went to eat. I went to my neighbor Ms.White to ask if I could use her phone. She gladly let me in and handed me the wireless house phone. I looked at the number and dialed it in. It rang several times before a woman anwsered the phone.

"Hello ma'am. I'm Sienna, Jared's older sister. He was telling me that Dj would like him to spend the night."

There was a brief pause before she spoke. "Oh yeah! I know who you're talking about. Dj wouldn't stop talking abou this lttle sleep over." I giggled. "Yes we'd love to have him over." 

"Thank you, Ms...?"

"Barnett" 

"Alright Thank you. But I have one question. Could you all pick Jared up? Our Mom will be at work and we don't really have a ride." 

"Of course, sweetie. I could have his older brother pick him up at 5. Is this a good time for you?"

"Yes ma'am. Thanks." With that, she hung up. I thanked Ms.White for letting me use her phone and walked back to eat dinner with Jared in peace.