Fourteen

When we arrive in London, the sun's already rising, and the car is surprisingly sat in the same parking spot in the garage at the airport. Though when I go to exit, I owe lots of money to the money grabbing machines.

So I pay it and head to my old home.

I haven't really spoken to Olivia since California. I'm still upset with her coming with me. And it's still a four hour drive.

I reach my hand for the radio, turning Bruno Mars up.

All I can think about is if they are hurting them. Surely not. I mean, I'm the one they want.

~•~•~•~

I pull up in front of the house. It still looks fairly new. Except, you can tell that the grass has grown a lot, but someone recently cut it. When I get out, I tell Olivia to stay behind me the whole time we are walking up to the place.

My old childhood home, I haven't even been here since that night..

She obliges, not objecting.

I don't even bother knocking on the door, I just walk in, stepping quietly.

Then I hear talking.

From upstairs, it's an older male talking.

The place doesn't really look the same without all the furniture in it and of course, there is no electricity or running water so it's fairly cold. I hear Olivia's shaking as we walk up the steps.

I get closer and closer to the voices and then I bust the door open, seeing a few people in the room. They're pretty scroungy and I realize they must be homeless.

"Who are you?" They ask.

"Nevermind that, have you seen anybody else here?" I ask. "More professional looking, maybe?"

"No," One guy stands up, walking over to me. "You sure are pretty, aren't you?"

He grabs my arm but I jerk it away, stepping away. "Sorry to have bothered you, you sick asshole."

As I turn around, I feel his hands wrap around me and throw me onto the floor. I look up at Olivia who looks terrified, not knowing what to do.

"Get off of her!" Olivia yells.

The guy turns around, going after Olivia.

"Hey!" I shout, getting up and chasing after him, grabbing his arm this time. I reach him right before he reaches Olivia.

I spin him around and pin him against the wall, holding him up whilst jabbing my finger at him.

"Listen here, don't you dare fucking touch her. I know you have something to do with my siblings, so spill it!"

He tries to escape my grip but I just hold him down even further.

"Who the fuck are you?" He spits.

"I'm Darcy Styles!" I growl and his eyes go wide.

"You're from the Styles family?" He gasps. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"Shut up!" I yell and he quiets. "Where are they?"

"They left. They were here earlier, but they left. I don't know where they went." He stumbles on his words.

"You don't have any idea where they went?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

I throw him on the ground, running out of the house with Olivia's hand in mine.

"Are you okay?" She asks, her voice cracking, when we reach the car.

I turn around and see tears streaming down her face.

"Hey, calm down." I say, cupping her cheeks. "We're fine, it's okay."

My hands trail to her arms, trying to comfort her as she just keeps bawling. I've never seen her this upset.

"Olivia, I'm fine." I say. "Nobody hurt me."

"Darcy, you're so wise, and I love you with all my heart." She sobs. "But I can't bear to see anybody hurt you like that. And just seeing that and thinking what would've happened-"

I press my lips against her, making her hush. Her tears are still streaming and I can feel them on my lips. When I pull back, I pull her into a hug, kissing her forehead.

"Listen, I've lived this long," I inform. "I'm not going to stand here and explain how I can fight off my own, because I might not always be able to do that. But I don't want you to get upset over something that is very rare to happen, Olivia. No matter what, I'll still be alive, and I'll always love you."

She doesn't say anything and I start to think my speech was worthless. Yeah, it kind of helped me, but did she even understand me?

"I can go in and do something to that guy." I laugh, placing my hand at the small of her back."No one touches you but me "

She giggles, looking up at me.

"Okay, Darcy." She smiles, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the car. "Let's go find your family."

God, I love this girl.