Chapter 9 ~ Together Again

Jace's P.O.V. 

Our lips moved in sync as her body fit perfectly in place with mine. I missed her so much. I tightened my grip on waist as she ran her hands through my hair. I missed this, I missed being with her. 

We were desperate for each other, I could feel it. I kissed her sloppily as she pushed into me. I held on as if I let go I would lose her. She wrapped her arms around my neck squeezing me. I gave her a reassuring squeeze back. 

I don't know how long we have been doing this but eventually Clary pulled back. I noticed that she had been crying as we kissed. Her normal emerald green eyes were red and puffy. There were a few tears coming down her cheeks. I used my thumb and brushed them away. "Jace?" Clary sniffled. 

"Yeah?" I asked sitting her down on the ground as I did the same. 

"Your not gonna leave me this time, are you?" Clary said looking into my eyes, I could feel the hurt in them. She said it so innocently like she was a 5 year old. 

"No, of course not. I'm so sorry Clary." I whispered moving closer to her. Her head dropped so she was looking at the ground, her hands moved into place as she began twiddling her thumbs. I put my hand under her chin and made her look up at me. 

"I'll never leave you, never ever again." I whispered softly as I leaned my forehead on hers. I watched her intently as she closed her eyes and sucked in a breath. I felt her body untense and she stopped twiddling her thumbs. I let out a breath as she stayed in the position, sitting cross legged, her hands limp in her lap, forehead leaning against mine, and her eyes closed. She seemed so peaceful. 

Her eyes fluttered open after a few more moments. Clary quickly leaned and pushed her lips against mine, it wasn't a make-out session like we just had but a kiss full of love. I could feel all of her emotions through this kiss, I felt like I could read her mind. I knew something else was bothering her but I decided to push that into the back of my mind and not talk about it right now. I did know I had to bring up one thing though. Are we back together or not? I think we are, I mean she just asked me if I was going to leave her again. Which as a definite no. I put my hands on her cheeks as Clary stayed the same. She pulled back, her eyes didn't have anymore tears in them like before. I smiled at her and Clary gave me a smile back. I knew this was a real smile and not another fake one. 

"Are we, back together?" I asked, I put as much emotion and kindness in my voice. I looked into Clary's eyes who were looking into mine. She was searching for something, her eyes seemed to go into my brain and look around. After she seemed satisfied she gave me a small smile. 

"Yeah" She finally said, in a whisper though. Her head was looking down at the ground, her hair covering her face from view. I was pretty sure she was blushing though. I felt all my nerves explode as she said that one word though. I felt so happy, I quickly pulled her into a tight hug. Her body pressed up tightly against mine and I buried my head into her hair and neck. Her arms slowly wrapped around my neck pulling me into her. 

Clary's P.O.V. 

Jace quickly pulled me into a tight hug. I knew this wasn't the best decision for this situation but I did love Jace. I still do and my little crush for Logan was replaced quickly when I kissed Jace again for the first time in years. He was finally mine again and I was his. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he buried his head into hair. I felt my cheeks heat up as I inhaled his scent. I missed Jace so much, I missed being with him everyday, I hated waking up alone. I missed him so much. I felt something push against my stomach and I felt very tired. It happened all of I sudden that I couldn't process what it exactly felt like. I felt my body start to deterate a little bit. Like a little bit of my being just got scratched away. 

"Jace?" I asked. 

"Hmm?" He responded, his voice muffled in my hair. 

"I'm tired." I whispered into his ear as my head rest against his shoulder. I let my eyes flutter close as he still held me in his arms. 

~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in bed. It wasn't my bed though. I looked around the room, a dim ray of light shining through the window. The soft sheets of the bed rubbed up against my body. I was tilting into something and I rotated my head to the side to see Jace, asleep next to me. He lay on his stomach, head turned facing away from me. His shirt was off revealing his tanned skin. His golden hair was ruffled and messed up. I shifted a little bit and went onto my side letting my hair flare out on the pillow. I heard Jace groan a little as he shifted to. He turned to his side and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. I let my eyes close as I entered a dreamless sleep. 

I woke up to a banging on the door. I opened my eyes and Jace's face was just a little bit above mine. His arm was laying across my torso and I was up against his chest. Jace was very much asleep. I closed my eyes again forgetting about the banging on the door, they'll go away.  

The door suddenly burst open and Jace shot into a sitting position. I looked over to the door, Alec and Izzy stood there with red faces. 

"Jesus Jace!" Izzy started, "It's 9 in the morning! You were supposed to be in Alec's room a half an hour ago!" They obviously didn't realize I was there. I looked at Jace, he looked like he was trying to remember what he promised them. It suddenly seemed to dawn on him because he had an apologetic look on his face. He turned to me a little bit and looked me in the eyes. Izzy and Alec's eyes followed and they half gasped. It was like a quiet gasp but still full of surprise. 

"Oh. My. God." Izzy breathed out. She looked between me and Jace looking for an explanation. I looked over to Alec who suddenly looked uncomfortable. I shifted a little bit in the bed feeling kind of uncomfortable. "You guys are back together?" Isabelle asked. 

"Yeah..." Jace said, a smile twitching on his face. I looked at Izzy who was smiling like an idiot. I felt like she was going to run up and hug me instead she winked at Jace and pushed Alec out of the room, closing the doors behind them. Jace fell back onto the bed after the door closed and started laughing. 

"I think Izzy thinks we had sex" Jace said in between laughing. My eyes partially bulged out of my head as I blushed like a tomato. "You look cute when your blush" Jace finished turning over to me. He looked me in the eyes and smiled. 

"We're together again" Jace whispered, I think to himself. Yeah, we are. We are together again.